Konica big mini a4 unintentional mid roll rewind

analogpics

Well-known
Local time
10:03 AM
Hey friends, picked up a konica a4 today (the big mini precursor, right?) and snapped off 3-4 shots, then it started rewinding. I think my BM-201 does the same thing now. Is this common on these guys? Any fixes? Thanks!

New battery.

It has a sensor that kicks in the rewind if the film transport meets resistance.
That sensor also sees the inability of the motor to transport due to lack of power, as resistance. So it starts the rewind.

I need to keep this in mind with my Big Mini HG. I have gone through 5-6 rolls, and the battery indicator still shows full. It does have a pretty big lithium ion cell in it. How many rolls does everyone typically get on a battery?

I need to keep this in mind with my Big Mini HG. I have gone through 5-6 rolls, and the battery indicator still shows full. It does have a pretty big lithium ion cell in it. How many rolls does everyone typically get on a battery?

If it's a CRP2 6 V lithium, and at least as efficient as my Nikon One Touch, you can expect 30+ rolls. (assuming 50% or less flash usage) We pay $6-10 for the battery, but lithiums charge fast, don't leak, and last at least twice as long as alkalines.

On the take up side look for any debris that would cause it to bind up, a little canned air wouldn't hurt. If it keeps happening with a fresh battery then there is a problem lurking that may be more expensive to fix than just getting another camera.

Thanks for the info guys! I plopped a new lithium battery in there and used some canned air to clear any debris so fingers crossed that it works fine now! :)

Back