Konica Hexar RF - Light leaks?

reptkeu

Local time
10:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Are there some Konica Hexar RF users around here who have encountered problems with light streaks on their film?
It is the second Konica Hexar RF I have with this problem. It doesn't do it on most frames, just on some of them, and usually about 3 to 5 in a row, ewith some frames more affected than others.

Below are some examples of affected frames. Any suggestion as to what the issue might be and how to fix it?

tumblr_pqh6i3AyJS1s2j67zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pqh6i3AyJS1s2j67zo2_500.jpg

tumblr_pqh6i3AyJS1s2j67zo3_500.jpg

This looks much like a shutter flaw that I recently saw in a new-to-me Pentax K1000. About 1 in 5 frames was affected, and shutter speed did not seem to matter. The K1000 has a horizontal focal plane shutter, and, the explanation that I read was that one shutter curtain was dragging a bit, due to a worn gear or spindle.

But... I think the Hexar RF has a vertical shutter, so, I guess that type of effect should occur horizontally. I throw it out there, in case I'm missing something that might make it directly comparable.

The problem is probably a light leak around the foam rubber seal surrounding the film check window in the camera back. You can check by covering the window with black electical tape and shooting a roll of film for test.

Back