Konica I Ab and As number of units manufactured.

Local time
5:57 AM
Hi, Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself since I have just have had the privilege to join.
I am very new to camera collection my first being a Konishiroku Konica I. The information shared on the camera in this forum has been of a tremendous help. I must thank all the ccontributions that has want me to research more on the subject.
I own a Konishiroku Konica I Type As engraved 'M.I.O.J' with an early serial no. 6403. From what I understand from the various contributions these were manufactured between August 1947 until March 1948 and limited to 10,000 units. As per my research on the web a collector from Japan had mentioned that Konica Ab model was limited to just 500 units and the serial numbers being with 4xxx as Published in 2003, the book ‘50 Years of Konica Camera - From Konica Type 1 to Hexer RF (Classic Camera Selection)’ by Shigeki Miyazaki . Link to the post
I have been trying to understand the sequential serial numbers. There are a few images of the earlier Konica Ab Type with sr. No. 4xxx but have not come across any evidence of sr. no. 5xxx series. The next Konica As series I have seen examples of sr. no. 6xxx to 7xxx series. Is there any kind of database that is avaliable to understand the series right.
Gopal Ravishankar

Back