Latest activity for whole RFF

It is certainly better, but it looks like what it is doing is showing recent posts, not recent threads. The difference is now that traffic has picked up there are multiple posts from the same thread showing up on the landing page. Personally, I'd rather that be a thread view which is how the old forum displayed them.

Shawn

Yes, I didn’t notice this at first but currently the landing page is taken up with multiple posts from just a few threads.

When I navigate in my browser, to the home page, if I pause for just a couple of seconds, this message is displayed:

On clicking the "ok-1" button (?:confused:) it disappears and there seems to be no further problem. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying. Any fix in prospect?

I get that on my phone browser. Same behavior. Also, I cannot login through my phone browser with my credentials. I'll keep trying... The desktop experience is improving however... Thanks to the team to responding to our needs.

I'm not on FB: Does the FB share button mean that my post here, what I write or show here can be reposted by forum users on FB ? Even if I'm not on FB? Or without my consent? I would appreciate if anyone could clarify it, thanks. Sorry if question sounds too naive.

I'm not on FB: Does the FB share button mean that my post here, what I write or show here can be reposted by forum users on FB ? Even if I'm not on FB? Or without my consent? I would appreciate if anyone could clarify it, thanks. Sorry if question sounds too naive.

Robert, great question. I am not on FB also. I noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of every RFF page:

"All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner."

I'm guessing the link to the content can be shared, but not the content itself.

Hovering over the FB & Twitter buttons shows a prospective link to the post number which I'm assuming when shared, would redirect you to RFF and that particular shared post.

Likewise, Robert. A very good point!

I can’t figure out how to reply with quote since that button is gone, though some obviously have, but I’d be quoting those who have noticed that the landing page is showing recent posts instead of recent threads which have been posted to.
Nobody wants or needs to see the same thread mentioned several times, just like there is no educational benefit to seeing what is “trending” unless one is desperate to be trendy themselves. That sidebar should be tossed, or at least label it “The Lemming Corner” or something.

“Is there some new activity on a thread I was interested in, or I might be interested in even though I’d never seen it before?” That’s all people are interested in seeing on the landing page, and as many topics on the landing page as physically possible, as many as on the old version, or better.

And there’s obviously too much dead space on any thread page. Would be nice to get that down to a total of ten percent of the page or less. The member name/avatar box is now four times bigger than the message half the time. The only thing worse than scrolling is having to constantly hit “next page” to get to things that used to be visible at a glance on the page you are already on.
There were obvious functional issues with the old site having to do with the underlying code of how it was constructed, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with how it “looked” or worked to provide information cleanly and efficiently. And it did that better than now, so far. I do appreciate the work that was done, because I know it needed to be done, in terms of code, and have faith that issues will continue to be addressed as they already have been over the last few days.
But, right now, coming here is like coming into work at a job you’re no longer in love with, because it’s a family business that was just acquired by a multinational.

Reply with quote has been working for me. The button is present for me. What I do miss is I don't see the multi-quote button any more.

Oh, yeah, and my avatar is missing.

I’m obviously doing something wrong. Bottom of the posts I’m seeing it just says quote, flag, and like, but there’s no “reply with quote”. If I hit the “quote” button, it lights up orange, as if to say hello, but there is no other effect. I’ve tried carrying it to my post with no avail, and tried various combinations of utilizing the new quotation mark square at the top of the box I am entering my reply in, but all it does is create boxes in my post which don’t contain anything.
I can copy and paste the words from a prior post, but that doesn’t give attribution to where I got it from, like “reply with quote” did.
Like I said, I’m sure I’m doing it wrong, but don’t know how.

And my avatar is gone too.The new one needs to comb his hair.

I’m obviously doing something wrong. Bottom of the posts I’m seeing it just says quote, flag, and like, but there’s no “reply with quote”. If I hit the “quote” button, it lights up orange, as if to say hello, but there is no other effect. I’ve tried carrying it to my post with no avail, and tried various combinations of utilizing the new quotation mark square at the top of the box I am entering my reply in, but all it does is create boxes in my post which don’t contain anything.
I can copy and paste the words from a prior post, but that doesn’t give attribution to where I got it from, like “reply with quote” did.
Like I said, I’m sure I’m doing it wrong, but don’t know how.

And my avatar is gone too.The new one needs to comb his hair.

I just tried the "quote" button to see if and how it works,

Edit: it seems to work in my case.

I just tried the "quote" button to see if and how it works,

Edit: it seems to work in my case.

Thanks, Robert. I just tried it on my desktop computer and it works fine. But, on my latest version iPad Pro with current software, it still doesn't. I can press the quote button all day long and nothing. So, I guess it's a current Apple iOS thing. Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure it will get resolved eventually. At least I know it's not me, any more than usual.

When I navigate in my browser, to the home page, if I pause for just a couple of seconds, this message is displayed:

On clicking the "ok-1" button (?:confused:) it disappears and there seems to be no further problem. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying. Any fix in prospect?

Really annoying. I'm getting this on my desktop now as well when I land and refresh the homepage. Possible admin fix on the vbulletin forum:

You should force (https or http) and (www or non www) urls using .htaccess file so that you don't have these kind of issue in future. And same url must be in adminCP settings.

Not sure if this is the right place but seems close enough:

1) I posted a response to a thread (i.e. the "environmental portraits" thread) and then decided to edit it. When I edited it by adding an extra image and clicking "preview" the page locked up. So there seems to be a problem with the "preview" function when editing (however, it works otherwise). I closed the page without saving then re-opened it. Fortunately the new RFF is clever enough that it auto saved my previously unsaved edit and this time I did not preview, I just clicked "save" and all then worked as it should. IN short there is an issue with this function when used in this way. Just another one of those glitches that needs ironing out as the opportunity arises.

2) This is more of a question. Is there some way of reordering individual posts within a specific thread?
I grew used to the "Old" RFF layout where the latest posts are at the top of the first page presented to the viewer when the thread is first opened. In the "New" RFF, by default, the posts are now reordered in the reverse order - new posts are at the end, which can for old threads be many, many pages away. (Which I admit is often more conventional for many forums but I have grown used to the "Old" ordering and prefer it for fairly obvious reasons - when I open a thread I want to see what is new in it). But I cannot find any settings that allow me to change the method of ordering the posts either in my personal settings or in RFF global settings (e.g. in the "filter" menu at the top of page it allows you to select various parameters as filters but there is no option to re-order the list of posts in the "Old" RFF manner.

2) This is more of a question. Is there some way of reordering individual posts within a specific thread?
I grew used to the "Old" RFF layout where the latest posts are at the top of the first page presented to the viewer when the thread is first opened. In the "New" RFF, by default, the posts are now reordered in the reverse order - new posts are at the end...

Peter, you can reverse the order of posts in a thread by pressing the "Latest Activity" button at the top-left of the list of posts.

Back