Latest Update on Leica M8 or Digital M

From the picture on the Leica forum, the coding consists of 6 patches milled into the back of the lens mount and filled with black or white paint, so resistant to wear of mounting and dismounting the lens, not affected by damp or dirt, providing you keep the window of the sensor clean.

The same picture suggests the dots are located at 5 "o'clock" on the lens mount, as viewed from the front.

Steve B said:
I sure hope they have a manual function so that even if the framelines don't automatically appear one can at least set them manually. I think it would be a shame not to be able to use all the wonderful and less expensive lenses out there. Especially since I don't have any Leitz glass and $5K is a bit above my level of affordability these days already without having to buy new lenses as well. I'll keep dreaming though.

Leica said, repeated and insisted that the M8 would function with virtually all older lenses. So I'm notworried. So far they have been very good with retro-compabilty and it would be highly surprising as well as reputation-damaging if they pulled any tricks in that department.

Back