**lcd Problem**

nixphotopix

Local time
2:05 PM
Just noticed this problem yesterday, was never there before and just came up out of the blue and has been there ever since
these lines appear right around the edges of the screen and do not appear on the images, only the screen
RIMG2165.jpg
the problem is more obvious when i tilt the camera
RIMG2166.jpg
I spent a load of money on this camera (as anyone who owns one would know), i did know of a lot of the problems people were having prior to purchase, but i didn't expect probs to happen so early in its life(956 shots so far)!!
does anyone have this problem, or is this new. i have taken the battery out in the hope it would reset, which it hasn't. Its just my luck, I waited 4 2 months for sony to replace a brand new lcd screen after 3 months of use.
why is quality so hard to come by these days??!!

It's hard to tell from the photos but it looks like maybe some condensation got behind the cover? I've never experienced it, but if I did I probably wouldn't rush to get it fixed because I only use the LCD for setting menus, and the edges of the screen aren't involved (not saying it shouldn't bother you!). BTW, is yours an M8 or an M8.2 (with the sapphire glass). I'm asking because I'm still on the fence about whether to replace mine when I get the shutter and frameline upgrade.

Im with you about not rushing to send it away and getting it fixed. as long as its not affecting the pictures then its fine. but the damn thing has only been in my hands since 15th jan 09!!! knowing me, ill put of getting it fixed until a few days b4 the warranty expires and it will never get done! its m8, not m8.2. no chance it could be condensation, its summer in melbourne and its been nowhere near air-con or any extreme temp differences. the mark is an off browny colour, and perfectly uniform around the edge of all the pics in the same place except one mistake shot which 0.7sec iso 160, the photo is all white with no mark. funny its also 1/294 shot since last format

Back