Leica 50/1.4 summilux Asph.

Absolutely stunning work, Brendan!

I will second that. This body of work just knocks me out. But, seriously, am thinking you could do this with most any decent, fast lens and camera. Seems to be you, not the equipment.
I'm equipment dependent, as a crutch, and it still won't get me there. Bless you.

Absolutely stunning work, Brendan!

I will second that. This body of work just knocks me out. But, seriously, am thinking you could do this with most any decent, fast lens and camera. Seems to be you, not the equipment.
I'm equipment dependent, as a crutch, and it still won't get me there. Bless you.

Really great images Brendan!

Thanks All, much appreciated!

M7, 50/1.4, Tri-X:

Untitled
by Brendan | Toews, on Flickr

Beautiful work Brendan!

And Bob (Sepiareverb in Vermont-if you see this) love the color in that one you posted!

David

M7, 50/1.4, Tri-X:
Untitled

Great compositions, Brendan, and great use of contrast, grain, everything to make a meaningful visual statement. (a.k.a. good picture that’s put together in such a way that it holds a person’s interest in more than a passing way.)

A couple of weeks ago, I was engaged in an argument/discussion here about whether a “wide and complete range of tones” had anything to do with whether a photograph was “good” or not. It doesn’t, necessarily. Might, might not depending on intent. Many of your photos demonstrate that fact better than anything I could ever do.

Keep it up, you have real talent, and it’s great to see. Seems easy to duplicate, but it’s not. Kudos.

Great compositions, Brendan, and great use of contrast, grain, everything to make a meaningful visual statement. (a.k.a. good picture that’s put together in such a way that it holds a person’s interest in more than a passing way.)

A couple of weeks ago, I was engaged in an argument/discussion here about whether a “wide and complete range of tones” had anything to do with whether a photograph was “good” or not. It doesn’t, necessarily. Might, might not depending on intent. Many of your photos demonstrate that fact better than anything I could ever do.

Keep it up, you have real talent, and it’s great to see. Seems easy to duplicate, but it’s not. Kudos.

Thank you Larry, I appreciate the comment! I agree that tonality is mostly a personal choice, I generally prefer my photos to be on the higher contrast side but I can also appreciate other work that has a wider range of tones.

M7, 50/1.4, Tri-X:

Untitled

Brendan, recently I got a Summilux 50mm f/1.4, but then the first version in black, only 400 pieces were made in 1959. I was flabbergasted by the optical quality, I've never seen such a good fast lens before.

Leica MP, Summilux v1 50mmf/1.4/TMY2-400/AdoxMCC110. Full aperture.

Erik.

49891766488_10a096349d_b.jpg

Brendan, recently I got a Summilux 50mm f/1.4, but then the first version in black, only 400 pieces were made in 1959. I was flabbergasted by the optical quality, I've never seen such a good fast lens before.

Leica MP, Summilux v1 50mmf/1.4/TMY2-400/AdoxMCC110. Full aperture.

Erik.

49891766488_10a096349d_b.jpg

That's great Erik, I've never used the pre-ASPH summilux but it looks like you're getting excellent results!

M7, 50/1.4, Tri-X:

Untitled

Back