Leica CL 50mm framelines?

acjeske

Local time
4:00 PM
Hey, I just got a Leica CL. Such a fun little camera! I'd read that 50mm lenses will bring up 50mm lines. I'm only getting 40 or 90. It's an early one, #13078XX. Did they only add 50mm lines later?

The 40 lines are always visible. With a 50mm lens or 50mm LTM adapter, the 40 and 50 frames should appear.

Hey, I just got a Leica CL. Such a fun little camera! I'd read that 50mm lenses will bring up 50mm lines. I'm only getting 40 or 90. It's an early one, #13078XX. Did they only add 50mm lines later?

If you bought it from usedphotopro (and I suspect that you did based on the partial SN), I bought and returned that same exact camera earlier this year. The 40mm and 50mm framelines should always be visible in the viewfinder.

EDIT: I stand somewhat corrected on the framelines. Here's the language from the CL manual:
On fitting 40mm, 50mm, or 90mm lenses the corresponding bright-line frame automatically appears in the finder. The 40mm frame is always visible. With a 40mm lens on the camera, the 50mm frame also remains in view.

Yep, from UPP. When you had it, did the 50mm lines not show?

If you bought it from usedphotopro (and I suspect that you did based on the partial SN), I bought and returned that same exact camera earlier this year. The 40mm and 50mm framelines should always be visible in the viewfinder.

EDIT: I stand somewhat corrected on the framelines. Here's the language from the CL manual:

Yep, from UPP. When you had it, did the 50mm lines not show?

Sorry to hear... :bang:

Yeah, I could not get the 50mm lines to show up, and that's the main reason why I returned it. 90mm lines came up fine - I don't have a native 40mm lens. There was also what looked like an undisclosed shutter curtain patch (I think they noted it when they re-listed it for sale). Given the price, I probably would have been ok with the curtain patch, but not having the 50mm lines was a non-starter for me. Thankfully they accepted the return with no hassle, including free return shipping.

Back