Leica CM

cpuin

Local time
9:48 AM
Does Leica users, I'm using Leica CM and I can't find people like me using this beauty, sharing experience, tips and exchange photos.There is a very small reviews in internet and only one youtube video about the camera.
Yesterday I registered in this forum with big hope to find/create place where another Leica CM users like me to can post.

Please, let me know wether is possible to create a special place for this camera in this forum.

Thank you in advance!

Good luck. I was going to get a CM years ago but had a Fujifilm Super DL, Minox 35 GT and a Contax T so could not justify getting one. Now I wish I had taken the plunge.

Leica CM

Hi everybody,

In the world of P&S exists one beast called Leica CM.
Together with Contax t3 they are considered as top of 35mm point and shoot cameras, because of the lens, higher speed than the rest of good P&S cams have.
I would like to hear feedback from those of you that like me own/owned this camera.
It is rear to find information and users who actively use this camera like me.

I’d like to get:

1.General feedback and experience.
2.How you handle autofocus and what results you got?
3.Leica CM has passive AF and uses auxiliary beam of light when shoot by night.How you shoot by night using manual focus?

I once owned one of these when I was obsessed with high end point & shoots.
For the record i have owed Leica CM, Leica Minilux, Contax T, Contax T2, Contax T3, Nikon 35TI, Nikon AF600 Ricoh GR1v, Minolta TC-1, Ricoh AFM35, Fuji DL Supermini, Fuji DL Supermini Zoom,. Although some people call it a point & shoot, some don't, I will include the venerable Konica Hexar AF.

Regarding the CM. Beautifully made, fantastic rendering of the pictures from the lens, titanium body. The autofocus in good light never let me down. Never used it in low light, so can't comment on that. The concern with the CM is spares and repairs. It was only manufactured in small numbers and for a very short period. It was one of the reasons I sold it.

The Konica Hexar made me sell most of the others as it is head and shoulders above all of them including the Contax T3. I kept the Contax T as I prefer it to the T2 and T3. The Rollei AFM35, as I just simply love the rich color the lens produces. The Fuji DL Supermini Zoom as it produces sharp high contrast pictures with a useful zoom range.

I wish I had kept them when I see how much they sell for now. However, the Hexar for me is the king and once I got my first set of photo's back, I didn't need the others.

Back