Industar LTM Leica III w/ Industar 26 Sample Photos

Industar M39 lenses

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
3:40 AM
Grr....still waiting on my lab to get their developer in so I can see how my first roll turns out with the I-26 lens on the IIIf.

Using Tri-X at the moment.

Has anyone any sample images shot with this lens on the III?:)

Curious how you happened on the I-26, the earlier version of the I-61 which one comes across more often. They are both Tessar copies, I believe. I have the 61 and could never use it on my RF cameras because for some reason the thread didn't match LTM; I did use it for a while on an Olympus E-P1 m4/3 digital camera with an adapter. The lens flares and/or suffers from low contrast in sunlight. I had to get a hood for it which improved its performance markedly. It is a sharp lens, though I read that the I-26 is not its equal. Be interested to see what you come up with.

Curious how you happened on the I-26, the earlier version of the I-61 which one comes across more often. They are both Tessar copies, I believe. I have the 61 and could never use it on my RF cameras because for some reason the thread didn't match LTM; I did use it for a while on an Olympus E-P1 m4/3 digital camera with an adapter. The lens flares and/or suffers from low contrast in sunlight. I had to get a hood for it which improved its performance markedly. It is a sharp lens, though I read that the I-26 is not its equal. Be interested to see what you come up with.

Johan sent me this lens several years ago as the first lens for my M3. It is now the first lens for the III f but still waiting on the local lab.

It was surprisingly good on the M3 and I am now waiting to see what character it produces and how it compares to the Summarit.:)

My I-61 is fantastically sharp and I've used it on rangefinders. The I-26 I had flared in almost any light situation from the front, but probably was good if you watched out. But I sold it, and kept the I-61.

I have an I-61 that Brian Sweeney dialed in and its super....sharp and great IQ. Same with a J12 from Brian. The right FSU lenses are still true bargins.

Well, here is one:

My friend who has been battling multiple myeloma. Great guy with a terrific attitude.
Industar_26_1_rff.jpg

Leica III F w/ Industar 26, Arista Premium 400

I don't have a Leica, but I've been using an I-26 on Feds for a while now. Possibly one of my most under-used lenses; I keep meaning to take it out more. There's something a bit different about it - I always think mine has a more "gritty" look than other lenses, if that makes sense.

I don't have a Leica, but I've been using an I-26 on Feds for a while now. Possibly one of my most under-used lenses; I keep meaning to take it out more. There's something a bit different about it - I always think mine has a more "gritty" look than other lenses, if that makes sense.

Makes sense to me! How about posting a few images?:)

Well, here is one:

My friend who has been battling multiple myeloma. Great guy with a terrific attitude.
Industar_26_1_rff.jpg

Leica III F w/ Industar 26, Arista Premium 400

Hi Dave,

Nice shot and good rendition, pleasing tones and good contrast without being overdone. Did you have to adjust the lens to focus properly on the Leica? I think the hood for this lens is 40.5 mm same as Industar 61 (?):

Hi Dave,

Nice shot and good rendition, pleasing tones and good contrast without being overdone. Did you have to adjust the lens to focus properly on the Leica? I think the hood for this lens is 40.5 mm same as Industar 61 (?):

Hey, traveler, how is everything in Oslo?:angel:

No adjustment necessary. It worked fine on the M3 (with an adaptor) when I received it from Johan and, of course, without the adaptor, I just screwed it onto the III F and it works really well! My local lab is not the best with scans but not bad for snapshots.

My Jupiter 8 didn't...so it will need to be shimmed one day. But the I26 fits well and is so much lighter than the Summarit that it is a joy to use.:)

Back