Leica LTM Leica IIIC K - share info and questions

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Please post some photos and we should be able to weigh in further.

Jim Lager would be the person to contact - he is one of the moderators on this Forum and should be able to help you.

Hello, is there a way how to verify authenticity of a wartime Leica? 388968. Thank you, Bob

I own a chrome lllc that's very close to yours (#383818) from 1941-42, in fact your camera was produced in the same batch starting with #369451 & ending with #390000. I know of a lllc K from this batch of cameras with serial #389882, it is a gray paint & clearly labeled with a K after the serial #.

Leica IIIC stepper question

Leica IIIC stepper question

I have a IIIC stepper (388712) with a proper looking diopter lever except missing the knob. Has anyone seen it before?

wartime IIIc Leicas galore on eBay

wartime IIIc Leicas galore on eBay

A quick count reveals over 30 cameras on eBay currently that have a wartime serial number.

Gray paint cameras, Kügellager shuttered cameras, red curtain cameras, WH and Luftwaffen engraved cameras, and also a MOOLY and SCNOO for sale.

Seems many of the bringback cameras are found in cupboards of deceased servicemen these days and they are all posted on eBay? I do wonder how many are faked from a regular IIIc to be honest...

Hello,

Nice to be back here after years away.
Well, I recently got a IIIc which appeared to be a K, stamped after the serial number.
It was a nice surprise but not knowing much about its history unfortunately, I can't tell if it is a real one.

J.

Attachments

• 20240307_170743.jpg
    20240307_170743.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello,

Well, I recently got a IIIc which appeared to be a K, stamped after the serial number.
It was a nice surprise but not knowing much about its history unfortunately, I can't tell if it is a real one.

J.
I can suggest you to send email to Leica Archive ([email protected]) to find out its delivery date (and possible destination, usually it didn't noted).

I can guess yours is pre-1943 by its chrome plated.

I got one that delivered on 14.07.1944. However, it was supposed in gray painted and got sandpapered, chromed, and recover with non Leitz vulcanite.

(Although I admit this vulcanite patterns is more grip than Leitz's.)

Attachments

• K001.jpg
    K001.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 5
  • K004.jpg
    K004.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 5
  • K006.jpg
    K006.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 3
  • K015.jpg
    K015.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 4
  • K012.jpg
    K012.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 6
Hello,

J.
Some of the early ones were chrome - before Leica started painting them grey
Could be original
Jim lager is the one to contact - he has
Good records

Back