leica M adapter for nex is out!

Looks interesting.. let us know how it is..

It's a pitty the nex is only available in a kit, i don't like the kit lenses.. Nice body though..

my nex arrived, here you are first pics with it, waiting for the leica M mount

nex5 + 16mm

jpeg from the camera

ciabot2.jpg

ciabot3.jpg

ciabot5.jpg

ciabot.jpg

ciabot6.jpg

The kid shot is cute.

Personally, I sold the 16mm right away because I am using the NEX exclusively for "vintage" lenses.

Still debating wether to continue shooting film at all or not... :/

nice photos! The first image is a good example that DOF with a Leica lens doesn't change when using an APS-C sized sensor, it still matches the lens specifications.

I think an EVF for nex will arrive, maybe from third party.

at the moment focusing with the lcd in 7x or 14x mode is not so bad :p

thanks for those posting pics with the NEX and of the NEX, didnt know it was a 1.5X crop factor, APS-C sensor. Pics look pretty good, but I will need to see some B&W examples to get a better idea (Flickr-much?) .. time will tell the build quality of the NEX. I love my RD1-s, not only the analog interface, but well-built CV body. The NEX looks less hearty, but will wait for reports of those who (unfortunately but inevitably) will drop them, and see if they survive.

well, I wish it won't be me to tell you if nex resist to a drop!! :p

anyway, it's a well build camera, though not "tanky" like your rd1, remember that its body size is similar to the panasonic lx3...

Got my Nex-5 today.

Any recommendations on an adapter for M lenses?

There's heaps on E Bay. Do you get what you pay for with these adapters?

Got my Nex-5 today.

unfortunately I still haven't received my chinese M adapter.
I bought the cheapest I found :D

Got my Nex-5 today.

I'd just get whatever's cheapest. Since you're TTL focusing, it's not as critical to have one that's made to exactly the right tolerance (can always shave it down if it won't hit infinity, but I've never heard of that being necessary).

Then again, I've had perfect luck with the cheapest Chinese adapters on my Bessa too :p

Back