Leica M Monochrom: best pics

L1012143-Edit.jpg

Do we know how many MMs are in the hands of photographers by now? It may take a while to get this thread going... Great stuff so far, though!

Do we know how many MMs are in the hands of photographers by now? It may take a while to get this thread going... Great stuff so far, though!

Only 500 cameras made, and not sure if they've all sold...and how many to actual users?

Excellent shots guys! Kristian, great idea for this thread.
Kristian, excellent set. Jager, love your series and in LUF.

Shots on the second day with the M-M, 24 Lux and LR4:)

p1108016522-5.jpg

p1108018424-5.jpg

p1108017852-5.jpg

Thanks guys! And thanks, Kristian, for starting this thread - terrific idea. I love everything here so far and am looking forward to seeing more.

Here's another...

L1012360.jpg

As someone waiting to pick up my MM (I live in Israel, camera came from Germany, heading to meet it in France on Thursday) - anyone have any tips to avoid clipping the highlights? Do you shoot 1 or 2 stops under and then adjust in post, or do you wing it?

As someone waiting to pick up my MM (I live in Israel, camera came from Germany, heading to meet it in France on Thursday) - anyone have any tips to avoid clipping the highlights? Do you shoot 1 or 2 stops under and then adjust in post, or do you wing it?

Congratulations on the impending union!

As for highlight clipping, although its true that if they're clipped they're truly gone - I wouldn't worry overly about it. Just expose for the highlights, like you would for slide film. Be mindful when viewing a scene of its range of tonal values - brightly lit, contrasty scenes are where highlight clipping is most likely to raise its head. And watch your histogram. That will tell you if you're heading towards where angels fear to tread.

If you set underexposure compensation, I'd start out easy - a stop at most. If you crowd everything to the left out of fear of highlight clipping, you'll lose much of the dynamic range and high-iso (low noise) capability inherent to the camera.

You're going to love it...

So how ya'll goin' up here at the better end of town? :D

These ^ are very nice Jeff ... the tones in that second pic are just perfect for me. :)

Thank you guys:)
Kristian, very nice shot of the gull, even if it's Melbourne:D The second shot is excellent.
Jeff, love those last two shots, full depth of tones in the #1.

Slumming it with an M9. I'll be over in the digital black and white thread if anyone wants me. Which of course they won't. You'd think an M9-P would cure your GAS for more than 6 months. And I have to share this town with Kristian Dowling. I have been practising the piano again. And taking aspirin.

Great shots guys. Agree with Ketih about that lovely father and child shot Jeff.

Slumming it with an M9. I'll be over in the digital black and white thread if anyone wants me. Which of course they won't. You'd think an M9-P would cure your GAS for more than 6 months. And I have to share this town with Kristian Dowling. I have been practising the piano again. And taking aspirin.

Great shots guys. Agree with Ketih about that lovely father and child shot Jeff.

Slumming and M9 in the same sentence? No way mate. Nice to see the Aussies leading the way with this thread :D

Back