Leica M-P "Panda" limited edition

DavidKKHansen

Well-known
Local time
10:23 PM
Here we go again, another limited edition camera from Leica:

http://leicarumors.com/2016/01/26/leica-m-p-panda-limited-edition-camera-announced-in-asia.aspx/

It's actually quite good looking, a special edition that's been pulled off quite well me thinks.

Hat's off to whoever wrote the press release and product description. I would have to be heavily under the influence to be able to write such fluff. Never would I have been able to do so with a straight face under any circumstance!

I particularly like this gem:
"As a "living fossil,” the panda is a 300-year-old animal, it still retains many of the ecological structures of the most original features."
WTF?

The lens also need to be white to go with the black dot on them. As such, it's a pretty lazy attempt at a special edition model.

The lens also need to be white to go with the black dot on them. As such, it's a pretty lazy attempt at a special edition model.

Or even a plain black lens! White with silver, YUK! Maybe whoever wrote the blurb also chose the colours..? A 300 year old fossil indeed!

They went through all this trouble making this limited edition with white body and black accents/levers. Yeah, why did they do silver lens? They could have easily done black lens and match the accents, which is pretty typical "panda" configuration. (e.g. black body, silver chrome accents = silver lens)

Hi,

Been there; done that years ago and put a picture on RFF years ago...

Zorki%20%26%20New%20Lens%20Hood-L.jpg

I think I did it better too. And it didn't cost a fortune... ;-)

Regards, David

I particularly like this gem:
"As a "living fossil,” the panda is a 300-year-old animal, it still retains many of the ecological structures of the most original features."
WTF?

That whole paragraph is such a mess I wonder if it was google translated from Chinese copy.

In any case, the camera reminds that I haven't had a black-and-white cookie in a while.

Your camera is not white. Very nice looking though.

Hi,

I looked at the pictures and didn't realise it was white, just looked again (different monitor) and have read the text and see they are saying white...

I wonder how long it will be before the first white, slightly modified, FED turns up on ebay?

Regards, David

PS. Sorry, I meant calm white.

Back