Leica M240 battery reliability

Steinberg2010

Well-known
Local time
1:33 AM
Curious if this is a common phenomena - I bought a brand new battery from B&H for my M240/M246 combo before vacationing in Iceland. I charged it before I left but didn't actually test it. Arrived here and put it in my camera and it's dead (won't switch on and charging it causes the charger to flash rapidly). Is this common?! I guess I will take it back (not even sure if I have the receipt).,,

~S

Sorry to hear that. I have 2 original equipment Leica batteries for my 240. Both work great. BTW I turn off Live View, Image Review and Focus Aid and I get over 1000 shutter exposures per charge.

I bought one that was dead-in-the-box. Leica Australia replaced it. I’m not sure how common it is.

Marty

So the weirdest part is I put it back in the charger for a few hours, and let it go past the 80% light. Pulled it before it was 'fully charged' - now it seems to be working...

I will make sure to bring my older spare with me and keep an eye on it...

Thanks!

~S

They are chipped, and sensitive to static electric arcs. There may also have been some lint or dust in the contacts that caused the problem. I’ve found all digital cameras fairly sensitive to these sorts of things.

Marty

Back