Leica Mini Problemens (?)

giganova

Well-known
Local time
2:49 AM
Hi all --

In my quest to find a "throw in your bag" camera, I bought a Leica Mini. And because it is such a cute little camera, I bought another Leica Mini III. Both are NIB = never used.

But I am not sure whether the autofocus on the Mini is broken: when I press the shutter button half way on the Mini III, it makes a noise and I see the lens moving. Presumably, this is the autofocus. The Mini doesn't do anything when I press the shutter half way. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any idea whether the Mini and Mini III are different in that respect or whether the Mini has a broken autofocus?

Thans!

Leica_mini.jpg

It's highly likely that nothing happens until the full shutter press, most AF compacts only moved the lenses on full press.

I have a Leica Mini, Mini II, and Mini 3. The II and 3 seem to work in a similar manner. The original Mini is different. The lens does NOT move when the button is pressed half way. Does the lens prefocus on the original Mini? I don't have the answer. Sorry, maybe someone else has a manual.
Another difference is that the original Mini does not wind on until you release the shutter release button. You can take a candid photo and not have the wind on noise until you have removed the camera from your eye if you wish.

Back