Leica responds

Sounds good to me thanks for posting this link.

That's good news, I hope M8 owners will be made whole, and very quickly.

On the other hand, I am still amazed that customer testing revealed these deficiencies, yet Leica's production team testing (where you would assume the highest and most vigorous testing of the product) apparently did not. Did Leica not see any of this in their own tests ??? Or if it did reveal problems, decided to proceed with launch before resolving the issues. Simply amazing.

About as anti-darwinistic and counter-intuitive corporate behavior as you can muster.

Having worked with many Germans (well German-speaking Swiss) their prediliction for coloured suits is obviously why this wasn't picked up in testing :D

Well.. whatever they do.. I just hope they fix the problem.

I mean, I remember wayyyyyyyyyy back in the early days of the M6 they had that problem with its size.... oy.. THAT was a difficult nut to crack but they were able to get it under control.. they should be able to do the same with the M8 :D

Dave

big_leica.jpg

Trius said:
LOL ... some of the same folks who said (in the deleted thread) that the issues were minor, Jorge was whipping people into a frenzy, etc., are now gushing with Leica's response to trivial problems! Ain't mass psychology just grand?

Yes ... a few days ago, ready to storm the town with pitchforks ... now ... quite a different response to a rather nebulous statement from Leica ... ;)

dcsang said:
Well.. whatever they do.. I just hope they fix the problem.

I mean, I remember wayyyyyyyyyy back in the early days of the M6 they had that problem with its size.... oy.. THAT was a difficult nut to crack but they were able to get it under control.. they should be able to do the same with the M8 :D

Dave

Dave,

that is hilarious :D

Back