Leica SL or Fuji GFX?

No handicap at all for me on my SL.

It's not much of a handicap for me either, although the reduction in metering range implicit when using lenses at working aperture was a bit of a problem until firmware v2.2. It seems with v2.2 that they've expanded the manual lens metering range by a stop or so—it's now just about right. :)

G

It's not much of a handicap for me either, although the reduction in metering range implicit when using lenses at working aperture was a bit of a problem until firmware v2.2. It seems with v2.2 that they've expanded the manual lens metering range by a stop or so—it's now just about right. :)

G

Godfrey,

Thanks for the update. Didn't realize the upgrade with the new firmware.

Cal

I have the CFV-50s, which is the same sensor as on both the Fuji and new Hasselblad. It works with a full system of gear I already had so there was an arguable "economy". It is absolutely stunning.

But the files are big, and when printing at any size I do (now mostly I do my own books) there is little advantage.

My conclusion today is that 24 MPX is all you need. At that point better pixels are more important than more pixels. The SL is an attractive camera, but in my case I don't see much advantage over a TYP 240 and the accessory viewfinder. I have essentially no use for auto focus or zooms.

And the SONY A7 series gives you an awfull lot of what the SL would at a massively lower price.

Back