Leica Sofort 2 Released 🙈🙉🙊

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
7:57 AM
The Sofort 2 was just released :)
The Leica SOFORT 2 will be available globally at all Leica Stores, the Leica Online Store and authorised dealers starting 9th November 2023. The recommended retail price will be 379.- Euro including VAT.

Interesting. Sounds a lot like the Fuji Instax Mini Evo, but (possibly?) without the effects that the Fuji offers. A much higher price, as well.

I don't get the attraction for a camera such as this with 5 MP sensor but again, horses for courses.

No space left in my wallet for these mini-pictures, as already too many credit and business cards are crowding around.

I don't get the attraction for a camera such as this with 5 MP sensor but again, horses for courses.
The attraction for me is the print itself. The Instax prints from the tiny files have a lo-res, Holga-esque quality that can offer a unique way of seeing. And yes, I have downloaded some of my Evo files to my computer, and they just look like miserable 5MP images on the screen. But I don't think of it as a 5 MP digital camera, but rather as an instant photo camera with unique possibilities. There are many photographic paradigms beyond the f/64, Zone System, large-format way of seeing!
I'm currently gearing up to make some larger, maybe 4x5-ish negatives from those crappy 5 MP files, which I want to print as cyanotypes. Maybe that will be a dead end, maybe not, but I do find that the little Evo pushes me hard to explore. That's a good thing!

It seems odd Leica would offer something essentially identical to the Evo. The Evo even looks much better.

The value of the Instax Mini film is that it lets you have a somewhat small camera with you whereby you can make instant prints. Yes, they are small. But, maybe in a wabi-sabi manner, these little prints have an aesthetic all their own, which is fun.

The hybrid Mini Evo is perhaps the best of them all, as it lets you decide whether to print or not and you can also make copies to share. The hybrid SQ10 and SQ20 are the larger Instax square film equivalents.

I have a Neo 90 (mini) and SQ6 (square). These are analog, not hybrid like the Evo, so every time I press the release, I get a print. For some situations, it takes a while to learn just how to adjust the exposure, how to compose. Usually I make about three exposures (prints) before I get what I want.

Another choice is the Instax Wide Printer. With that, photos I've made on my phone can be edited and printed on the wide film.

Last edited:
Back