Washington DC Leica Store San Francisco opening meet?

NOT OPEN THIS SATURDAY.

I stopped by to say hello to Sean and mentioned some of us would come by tomorrow - but he said they wouldn't Be open on either Saturday or Sunday. Not until Monday.

Put it off for a week until 12th?

Kirk

Dang it. Thanks for checking with them. I was asking them on Twitter but had no reply so far.

Yeah the 12th will work for me.

12th should work for me. I may be photographing the motorcycle racing at Laguna but if not, I'll be there.

KD

Hey guys,
I'm new to the bay area. Warren told me about this group. I'll be hanging out with him on Saturday any way and would love to meet the gang before hand. Is there a specific time everyone is planning to get together?
Keshav
My blog: mysell.tumblr.com

How's 1pm? After checking out the place, we can slide right into Irish Bank next door. ;)

Alternatively, say 11am to get it done sooner if people have other stuff later that day. Finally the store tweeted the hour:

10am-7pm Mon-Sat.

OK, there maybe some people who wanna watch the Holland vs Brazil game at 1pm. How's making it 11am meet at Leica Store SF, then everyone can choose to stick around for Irish Bank, or get to the game?

I went by the Leica store yesterday (Thursday). Only half of the space was built out. Will it be ready for this Saturday? Just thought I'd ask.

And Irish Bank will be showing the World Cup, so you can do both!

Explanation of the state of the store: They're in the stage that Sean calls a 'soft opening,' getting started before all the construction details are finished. Later they'll have a Grander Opening with dignitaries and Famous Leica Photographers and all that. Showcases are full now and staff is there.

OK, to pin it down (where are you, Kent, when we need you?):

Coffee prior to 11 at the Cafe de la Presse on the corner of Bush and Grant; then loot the store at 11; and then as so inclined – lunch at Irish Bank, capturing/shooting, &/or soccer.

OK?

Kirk

As always it great seeing everyone and meeting new folks too.
Hope everyone finished up at least a roll of film or filled their cf cards with fun images.

JEff

Back