Leica X Vario - Post Your photos!

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
2:51 PM
I know you have them! And they are excellent!

So what are you waiting for? I may just need an XV myself!

Let's see whatcha got!!

I know J Crutcher has been posting images from his in the gallery ... impressive resolution and colours.

Morning Dave. :)

I know J Crutcher has been posting images from his in the gallery ... impressive resolution and colours.

Morning Dave. :)

Good morning, Keith! Coincidentally, I just emailed Jim a heads-up on this! Thanks for the positive vibes you sent my way, my friend.:)

A few more. This is a fun camera with incredible IQ

My cycling buddy Scott

L1010808-Edit-2-Edit.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Such attitude! I have to say she worked very very hard.

L1010910.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Flower in San Francisco on by the side walk

L1010863.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

More San Fran Flowers

L1010871.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Oops, hip shot

L1010884.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Hydrant

L1010891.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Dancing while we work

L1010909.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

Aqua Hair and Knee High socks? San Francisco art student

L1010937.jpg by rootbeer2004, on Flickr

I like the way the camera has handled the highlights in this image ... nice transition for digital IMO.

9319565500_7f943d34c5_b.jpg

The dog in the shadow shot shows excellent dynamic range and highlight control. Does the x vario have the same sensor as the x1/2?

The dog in the shadow shot shows excellent dynamic range and highlight control. Does the x vario have the same sensor as the x1/2?

Thank you! I was surprised I could pull the detail out of the dog, it was quite easy in LR5. I believe it does have the same sensor as the X2 not the X1 since that has a smaller sensor. The processor however is upgraded for reason's beyond my intelligence. I like this camera a lot.

Jim

Oh Hi Jim

Just Wondering about the Focusing / auto focus
Read a review by 'Ming Thein' : http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/06/29/leica-x-vario-typ-107-review/
loved his Photos with this Camera / Beautiful colour Palatte
But there seemed to be some lag , & hit ir miss with Focusing

what are your Thoughts ?

Looks Like You are having a Blast
Btw I have NEVER used or been into Zooms, but this Camera interests me...strange for Moi indeed !!

Oh Hi Jim

Just Wondering about the Focusing / auto focus
Read a reviewby 'Ming Thein' : http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/06/29/leica-x-vario-typ-107-review/
loved his Photos with this Camera / Beautiful colour Palatte
But there seemed to be some lag , & hit ir miss with Focusing

what are your Thoughts ?

Looks Like You are having a Blast
Btw I have NEVER used or been into Zooms, but this Camera interests me...strange for Moi indeed !!

Both of these shots are MF which I try to use when ever I can, (its very easy with the focus wheel on the lens). The auto focus will not chase a 3 year old around the house, in fact the only camera I have that does is a Canon IDs Mark II and III. I have a 60D that comes close if the lighting is good. That is the extreme. I find in most cases the AF works well, faster than my X2 but not lighting fast. The lens is so sharp that scale focus at F8 and F11 works well in moving situations. The colors are incredible, its a fun camera to shoot. Hope this helps!
Jim

Back