Leica X2...

I expected the X2 to have at least a 2.0 lens and a built-in EVF/OVF. Sometimes, it's difficult to understand what Leica is doing, yes it's a mystery. If the EVF is similar to what Panasonic has, it's surely not up to par with what the market may want. Olympus and Fuji has already shown that they can do it and very good at that.

Too bad it didn't come sporting the equivalent 35/1.4 that was rumored...

I think it will appeal to a market segment that wants an automated Leica, demands high IQ, and has disposable income.

This is not a camera for enthusiasts.

Viewfinder looks dumb and inelegant, as does the hot shoe. Original X1 style was much better, which you could place a CV finder in and it would look better.

Luckily it still says Leica.

For the fashion conscious ;)

How hard would it be to actually have a 35 1.4 upgrade on the X2? Is it feasible without changing anything at all? Not that Leica would do it but for a price they might.:rolleyes:

I'm satisfied to know that there is no major reason to upgrade from my x1 which I still love a lot...
robert
PS: the only advantage I see is due to the higher megapixel counts which would allow more cropping possibility, interesting when you do not have a 50mm .

I'm satisfied to know that there is no major reason to upgrade from my x1 which I still love a lot...
robert
PS: the only advantage I see is due to the higher megapixel counts which would allow more cropping possibility, interesting when you do not have a 50mm .

Yes, that is a good thing...one can buy two X1's for the price of a new X2. Great camera, too!:angel:

I could love an X2.... but not so sure about the EVF.

An everready case that looks like a vintage everready case is shown as one accessory at the Leica Camera website. Ahhh.... :angel: A wee bit tall but nice design.

Back