Leica XY Pictures

That is interesting.
I bet if it was a full frame version with SL mount it would be quite a busy thread topic here.
Thought Sony would have released an evf on the left model based on the A7 by now.
A Full Frame Nex model.
Maybe Leica beats Sony to Full Frame evf on the left model(s).

I saw the Silver version picrtured earlier, and think this all black one looks better for this particular design, at least in pictures.

Regarding full frame, I agree, that if it was full frame it would spark more interest. In context of APS-C Fuji certainly gets good attention. Granted, the X 113 didn't come with an integrated EVF, but given the superb quality of the fast lens, overall fit and finish of the camera and files (RAW but also Jpeg) it produces, it seems like sleeper -way more camera than the attention it gets would suggest (IMHO).

I'm happy to see Leica continue with X in their line-up. The X Vario is the more popular model but X-113s have been selling along side those used consistently. Yesterday I saw an X bid to 30% of what it sold for new which is better than many other digital cameras sell for after a couple, three years on the market.

It is interesting... but it'll be very interesting how Leica prices it and the new 18mm. As an APSC camera, it will have to be priced below the Q for the lens and body combo. However, its past prices on the T series and the X series have me thinking it won't be that much less than a Q.

Good point regarding comparison to the Q. Guessing the 23mm T and the camera body together will probably come in b at about 3500.00 What one gains over the Q is ability to change focal lengths.

I am pretty sure the lens on the X 113 is a better one stopped to f2 than the 23mm T. There is an AA filter on the X but it is a weak one, and a really nice pop-up flash that can quickly and easily be dialed down for fill purposes. With briteline finder, this could be had for $1400. Of course I am beating a dead horse :)

Whatever this is, I see Leica selling it to their boutique audience (= people with quite some disposable income). Otherwise there is Olympus, Sony, Fuji et al. offering the same concept for far less. Not even considering lens options. (Leicas TL 35/1.4 with a TL body costs about 4000€. And it´s "not even an M"... )

Back