Lens Help

EpicRavenLord

Local time
7:28 AM
Hey everyone. I picked up a "like new" second hand Voigtlander 40 f/1.4 I am having a problem. When I line up the rangefinder focus patch the shot comes out completely out of focus. Ive tried all the apertures and different distances. I have a fast enough shutter speed and I know its not user error. It seems like the lens in back focusing like crazy. In comparison my R-D1x and 28 f/2 focus spot on and super sharp… any feedback will help… I haven;t heard from the seller yet but I already asked for a refund.

I think the previous owner only used the lens on M43's so he may have never noticed the issue since the cameras focus differently.

point the camera infinte and focus that way check alignment, if wrong it can easily go out of focus.

Then extend a ruler and shoot at a given claer measure, check the pic and see if the focus corresponds with the actual picture focus.

Easy!

Seems obvious that the lens is at fault. Perhaps the lens was disassembled and cleaned to look "Like New" and reassembled incorrectly. I imagine you can find assembly instructions online somewhere, that or have it fixed professionally.

Hello,
I had the same problem,
it was some screew out in the helicoil of the lense

Try: st the lens to infinity, without looking at the patch.
take a picture of someting at infinity, and it must be in focus !

If not, you should service the lense.
Mine was professionaly, for 80€ ...

Back