Lens Hood

ChrisLivsey

Mentor
Local time
7:30 PM
My Xpan has arrived.

Can I just enquire about the hood on the 45mm, 90mm lens is ordered but in transit.
The bayonet does not seem to latch at all, it twists on and whilst not loose as such I can see it easily will rotate under carrying conditions. I can't see any broken latch on either the lens or hood, should it behave like this or is it "gaffer" tape time?

My first gen one twists on firmly then stops. It does not rotate easily while being carried but I guess they must loosen up when they get old/used a lot as my second gen one has the lock on it. I actually prefer the gen one as mine does not need the lock, and the lock is less aesthetically pleasing.

I actually prefer the gen one as mine does not need the lock, and the lock is less aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you, it is first Gen, first year of production, but certainly not as distressed cosmetically as many I have seen. I will apply some thin tape inside to stiffen it up. Otherwise it is a remarkably solid and well built piece of kit.
Film in today and the sun looks like it is on my side for once.

Just to update: some gentle pressure on the hood springs has restored the firmness so I am pretty happy with the security.

Back