Let's see your Leica 50mm Lux Pre-ASPH Photos!

Beautiful shots, Jean-Marc.

Leica MP, Summilux 50mm f/1.4 v1 (black), 400-2TMY/Adox MCC 110.

Erik.

48673801278_932ed8cbd7_b.jpg

^^ Nice composition, with the second girl's face framed by the elbow of the first, and you picked up eye-contact from the babe in the pram too! :)

Thank you!

I like your shots very much! In the last one I see however some moiré from the scanner or the enlarger. To avoid this, it is sometimes useful to put the negative into the scanner or the enlarger upside down. Only the shiny side of the film causes moiré. Later you can correct the mirrored effect in photoshop.

Erik.

The V2 that was made for 40 years has unacceptable curvature if straight lines.
A V1 would be my choice, or a rigid or DR Summicron or first 50 2.8 Elmar.

I can not find much to not like about the current one. I went from a Summarit 1.5 to current.

Paul, thanks!

Ronald, how much does the current Summilux 50mm f/1.4 weigh? The weight can be an issue. I any case it is larger than the v1 and v2. The v1 is 323 grammes and the v2 295 grammes.

Erik.

Thank you!

I like your shots very much! In the last one I see however some moiré from the scanner or the enlarger. To avoid this, it is sometimes useful to put the negative into the scanner or the enlarger upside down. Only the shiny side of the film causes moiré. Later you can correct the mirrored effect in photoshop.

Erik.

Thank you for your advice. I'll do what you suggested.

Back