Let's see your Leica M

My M3 double stroke with working meter, 35mm Summaron, 50 Summicron, 90 Summicon, 135 Elmarit.

154062692.jpg

154062687.jpg

154062682.jpg

M5

M5

M5 and 90mm f2 Summicron with Luigi case and soft release. Covering the M5's rather chunky loins with some of Luigi's finest leather does wonders and the largish 90mm Summicron suits its looks!

(who says they're ugly?)

:p :)

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Leica M2 button rewind with Leica grip, 50mm Voigtlander Color Skopar and Gossen Luna Star meter, plus a roll of Fuji Neopan 400CN chromogenic B&W.

Attachments

• LeicaLunaStarbig.jpg
    LeicaLunaStarbig.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 2
My M3 and 50 DR, with Kameraleder case

My M3 and 50 DR, with Kameraleder case

The Indian goatskin covering is from Cameraleather.com

Attachments

• kameraleder1.jpg
    kameraleder1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1
1. M3 1963 releathered sold (sadly, but it paid for the M6)
2. my new M6 1992

Hey HuubL did you get the M3 lever afterwards or is this some kind of rare M4 camera you got there? looks awesome btw!

Attachments

• M3 1.jpg
    M3 1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 3
  • M6 copy.jpg
    M6 copy.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey HuubL did you get the M3 lever afterwards or is this some kind of rare M4 camera you got there? looks awesome btw!

I got it with the metal levers. It's one of the last 100 chrome M4s made in Wetzlar and it was sold to the photography department of the university where I work. I personally knew the photographer who ordered the camera and I can't imagine that he or any other university employee would request an a-la-carte Leica M4. So I like to think that for finishing the last batch of M4s Leica scraped parts together. I got the camera when the department was closed.

I've asked around if this could be a special, but everyone tells me this would be an easy thing to do and the metal levers would not increase the value.:(

Last edited:
HuubL said:
I got it with the metal levers. It's one of the last 100 chrome M4s made in Wetzlar and it was sold to the photography department of the university department where I work. I personally knew the photographer who ordered the camera and I can't imgine that he or any other university employee would request an a-la-carte Leica M4. So I like to think that for finishing the last batch of M4s Leica scraped parts together. I got the camera when the department was closed.

I've asked around if this could be a special, but everyone tells me this would be an easy thing to do and the metal levers would not increase the value.:(

Who cares if it's worth any more than a regular M4, it's beautiful camera :).

Meet the family.
M6, M5, CL, IIC.
A couple of changes have taken place since this photo;
I sold the current 50 cron to a fellow RFF member in favor of the elmar M, the chrome M5 went to DAG for a third lug and battery upgrade, and the CL is now for sale to make way for a M4-2.
Its a good thing that I have my assistant to help out with all this stuff!

Attachments

• assistant 1.jpg
    assistant 1.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 5
  • camera family 3.jpg
    camera family 3.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
There's an inter-loper in the group! I'll soon be getting this Contax IIa and another one jsut like it, back from Henry Scherer.

I recovered the M2 and M3 with dark brown lizard embossed cowhide from Aki Asahi. The grip has been sold, and the M6 now lives in a brown Luigi 1/2 case.

Attachments

• Leica_family_001.jpg
    Leica_family_001.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 9
ERV said:
Meet the family.
M6, M5, CL, IIC.
A couple of changes have taken place since this photo;
I sold the current 50 cron to a fellow RFF member in favor of the elmar M, the chrome M5 went to DAG for a third lug and battery upgrade, and the CL is now for sale to make way for a M4-2.
Its a good thing that I have my assistant to help out with all this stuff!

I am considering to send my black 3 lug M5 to some place for CLA. Could u let me know the cost at DAG?

BTW the chrome M5 with the summicrom on is really a beauty.

Right - 35 is my main focal length, and hence it stays matched with the M6 or Hexar. The M3s are linked to a 50/1.4 and a 25/2.8 w. viewfinder, which are my close seconds for lens favorites. 21 and 75 I don't use often, but they work well on any of the cameras, so it's a system that works well for me. I'll probably be selling one of the M3s to finance the repair of the M6, as I'm currently a little cash-strapped after sinking a lot of money into a 4x5 system.

Back