Let's See Your NEX7 Photos!!

_-Fhia4agiVj-a7fiIttSF7_tAgvf8UX4qP6odIghTY=w310-h207-p-no

cv 35/2.5

nemjo

Nice set... and I'd say that it looks like somewhere in the UK (South-West?), rather than Boston, MA...! ;):)

Thanks for posting.
Thanks! This is about as close as you can get to somewhere in the UK without actually being there. They were taken in Carlingford, Co. Louth in Ireland, just across the border from Northern Ireland. Beautiful little place.

Wait a sec...these are some really good looking photos using adapted lenses on the Nex 7, something I have read to be impossible according to the world O blogs. I am impressed by the colors I see here, are you guys using focus peaking for these shots or magnify?

Thanks! This is about as close as you can get to somewhere in the UK without actually being there. They were taken in Carlingford, Co. Louth in Ireland, just across the border from Northern Ireland. Beautiful little place.

Oh well, I was just trying to appear knowledgeable... but I failed miserably! :eek::D

Wait a sec...these are some really good looking photos using adapted lenses on the Nex 7, something I have read to be impossible according to the world O blogs. I am impressed by the colors I see here, are you guys using focus peaking for these shots or magnify?

Whatever shooting manual glass is on the NEX7, it's not impossible. It's been my main work method for over a year, and I love the body and style

8634133472_fbdf868c40.jpg

8634117758_344a6dafc4.jpg

Whatever shooting manual glass is on the NEX7, it's not impossible. It's been my main work method for over a year, and I love the body and style

This is what I have been thinking about as well. I got 3 M mount lenses and no M mount camera and a desire to get a Nex 7 or a X-E1 or OMD plus all the other good old SLR lenses I got sitting around. I really like the idea of the Nex 7 but am not loving the native lens choices. These photos have peaked my interest in this camera again though.

I use focus peaking set at the medium level and only use magnify in poor light. It's very easy to focus using manual lenses provided you have contrast in the image. I'm using Exakta and Leica lenses on my body and recommend the Novoflex adapters, you can get them online from Novoflex in Germany at a reasonable price. The IQ of the NEX-7 is way more than enough for my needs, the dynamic range is excellent, and the camera body is sturdy and reliable.

This is what I have been thinking about as well. I got 3 M mount lenses and no M mount camera and a desire to get a Nex 7 or a X-E1 or OMD plus all the other good old SLR lenses I got sitting around. I really like the idea of the Nex 7 but am not loving the native lens choices. These photos have peaked my interest in this camera again though.

Thanks. I have both the NEX7 and an X-E1, but much prefer the 7 for day-to-day shooting. The X-E1 is quiet and a pleasure to shoot, but harder to use because of the (current) lack of focusing aid

here's two more:

9135342248_b243ed1165_c.jpg

9135341736_3e9b307fe9_c.jpg

Yeah, and today I see they are going to add focus peaking. From what I have seen on the Olympus models the peaking is sort of weird how it changes the whole scene look to get more contrast and I have played with a Nex 6 and I really liked how they did peaking there and I am guessing it is the same on the 7. Looks good, very promising for my day to day play shooting.

Back