Let's See Your Ricoh GR Photos

GaryLH

Mentor
Local time
11:25 AM
Hmmm..no GR image thread yet.. OK show us your shots from the GR :D

Here are some of mine from last week. All pictures taken on the peninsula between San Mateo and Palo Alto. All BW were converted using SEP2.

At our favorite lobster shack.. We were there pretty early Sunday morning. Usually by about 12:30 or so gets pretty crowded.

_R000252.jpg

_R000254.jpg

The new Apple Store at Palo Alto Shopping Center.. They used to be next to the Microsoft store in a much smaller store front. Now they are 2 stores away from the Sony store there. Just around 12:30 and not many people yet around yet.

_R000261.jpg

Around downtown Palo Alto

_R000272.jpg

I thought rather a sad sign of our times.. The new Apple store in needs a car barrier to protect it from being rammed..

_R000289.jpg

This place cream is way too expensive.. but there is a line that is about quarter block long waiting to just get in to order the ice cream. Not sure why there is this pony out front.. But I could not resist a shooting the shooter shot :D

_R000291.jpg

Don't know why I like it??
_R000295.jpg

Had dinner at a popular ramen place in San Mateo.. We got there at 5:45 and it is first come first serve type of place. Had to wait almost an hour to get in (place opens at 5:30). This was a kind of interesting silhouette shot.. but I actually did not notice the reflection in the left corner of the person behind me until I converted this shot to B&W and start to process for more detail that this reflection showed up. But in this small upload does not show up very well..

_R000322.jpg

Gary

The thread Ricoh GR-D (I,II,III,IV): Post Your Photos! has revealed a few shots from the GR (V), but you're right - I don't think there's a thread dedicated solely to this magnificent beast.

Hmmm.. Thanks for the HU. My bad, I actually forgot to double check in that thread. I think it may have been that in the back of my mind this seemed to be Ricoh wanted to make people associate this camera differently then the gr1-4 cameras by not caling it a 5. So it must have worked psychologically for me then :p :eek:

Hope it is ok w/ everyone to keep this thread going then.

Gary

Hmmm.. Thanks for the HU. My bad, I actually forgot to double check in that thread. I think it may have been that in the back of my mind this seemed to be Ricoh wanted to make people associate this camera differently then the gr1-4 cameras by not caling it a 5. So it must have worked psychologically for me then :p :eek:

Hope it is ok w/ everyone to keep this thread going then.

Gary

That thread is confusing since it has all the other Ricoh's as well. The GR is a different beast with the APSC sensor. I say keep this thread going.

I seem to prefer the shots in the regular GR I-IV thread, but it is so much longer it's not a fair comparison. Probably I like the more limited dynamic range and noisier images. The GR is almost too perfect.

The exception is that shopping cart shot which is amazing (but would be in any medium).

Back