Light Leak Vooigtlander R3M

MDenton

Established
Local time
9:18 AM
Last film processed from my R3M exhibits a light leak on the bottom of the frame - extending the full 36mm.

As I currently have another film in the camera I am unable to physically check the state of the seals,but would be interested in any feedback about light leak problems,if any, with this camera.

The R3M is my youngest film camera !

If it is the seals,any tips on replacing them ?

Thanks for the advice,however I think my tight fitting ever ready case should go some way towards achieving the same end.

Whilst light could leak in over a period of non use,it shouldn't be causing problems with a period of continuous shooting should it ?

The camera is always in the case,and this is the first time I have had this problem.

I hope it isn't coming from the front of the camera like the vertical shutter isn't completely closing. Is the light leak into the sockets too; I don't mean bleeding, is it all the way.

The plot thickens. I've just processed the second film- and no apparent light leaks !

Both films were shot in identical locations over a four day period.
As an additional check on the light seals with the final two exposures on the second film I put the camera face down with the back facing my bedside lamp for 10 minutes.

I wonder if the problem could be with the first film cassette - perhaps allowing light to leak in to the bottom of the film when removed from the camera awaiting processing ?

I shall ask the question on another forum I regularly visit.

Back