Light shield stuck closed on Bronica RF645

Creagerj

Incidental Artist
Local time
3:45 PM
Hi Folks,

The light shield on my Bronica RF645, which is supposed to automatically close when lens is removed is stuck closed. I ran a test roll to confirm that it is not working, and the roll is blank after being developed.

Has any other RF645 user encountered this problem?

I'm trying to determine if I should try anything to get the curtain to function normally again before I try to send my camera out for repairs.

Thanks!

Quick update. I dropped it off for a CLA/repairs. On closer inspection I could see that the lever that opened the shutter when a lense is installed had come loose. What a bummer. Hoping my repair person can fix it, otherwise I'll have to send it off to Tamron for repairs.

Indeed a bummer. Frank Marshman of Fuji repair fame also works on Bronica cameras - you may try doing a search here for his info and contacting him. Sounds like something rather simple for him. Best of luck with your repairs - that's quite a camera you have.

Let us know how it goes, and who takes care of it, and so on. Mine has been robust, but there are always stories about the RF645's weak points, so I coddle mine and cross my fingers...

This problem is apparently not very common. I did quite a bit of searching and only turned up one other mention of the light shield failing. I'll update once the problem is resolved.

Just found this thread; After reading about all the failings / potential weak points of the camera I've been really delicate with handling one I bought - any update on your service experience Creageri?

Back