Lightroom 6.14 and Catalina

Dogman

Mentor
Local time
10:17 PM
Simple question but I've seen conflicting information about this so I'm asking for a final verdict. Does Lightroom 6.14 still work on Catalina?

I'm running Mojave. I have LR 6.14 and use it daily. It's already installed. Will it continue to work for me or do I need to jump to the subscription model before updating to Catalina?

My two iMacs have been pestering me with regards to the Catalina download. I certainly wish they had a box to check that states don't remind me again.

I've seen a report on another photo forum that someone who had LR 6.14 installed on his system upgraded to Catalina and it continues to run, although the Maps and Web modules are dead (Maps has been dead on Mojave for some time already; I haven't looked at Web in ages).

This supports the notion that I've heard: It's not LR itself which is not 64bit compliant, it's the Adobe installer/app manager that's dead.

Further testing is required. I've cloned my system and might install Catalina on the clone to see what works and what doesn't.

Let's not get into a pi$$y war about what you feel about Apple, please. They're a company like many others. Who freekin' cares? I don't have automatic updates enabled, I have received no notices whatever about upgrading to Catalina. Perhaps you should try disabling that feature.

G

I found this information on a French website that indicates to me I should be fine with LR6 and Catalina--https://www.macg.co/logiciels/2019/10/macos-catalina-lightroom-6-amoindri-mais-pas-totalement-mort-108895.

It's in French so either you need to be able to read French or have a translator on your browser.

I'm just not a gambler or trailblazer. I want some other poor fool to find out the definitive answer so I can play it safe.

Simple question but I've seen conflicting information about this so I'm asking for a final verdict. Does Lightroom 6.14 still work on Catalina?

I'm running Mojave. I have LR 6.14 and use it daily. It's already installed. Will it continue to work for me or do I need to jump to the subscription model before updating to Catalina?

There is another thread about this here. There, I wrote, what I myself found and checked, so nothing I heard somewhere else: my post in this thread.

Somit runs, if it already was installed. But you would not be able out of the box to reinstall LR standalone, if Catalina is already on your Mac.

Back