Likely Fraud: S3 Listings on Ebay

Looks like a copy. A zero-feedback seller lifting from a mediocre-feedback (less than 98%) seller.

When EBay starts to require that sellers list the serial number of the equipment being sold it would make it easier to track fraud and other criminal activity. Why they can't do something so obvious is "beyond me". I guess it is just the "bottom line".

i wonder why buying a camera that is meant to be placed inn a glass urn instead of going out and shoot

Brian Sweeney said:
Looks like a copy. A zero-feedback seller lifting from a mediocre-feedback (less than 98%) seller.

When EBay starts to require that sellers list the serial number of the equipment being sold it would make it easier to track fraud and other criminal activity. Why they can't do something so obvious is "beyond me". I guess it is just the "bottom line".

It's interesting that almost all FSU equipment seller list serial numbers -- probably because the SN affects the value of the equipment and also assures the buyer he's getting the stuff he bid on.

As an RF user you should be writing in LISP instead... same age, same technical advantages :D :D :D

William

HE HE
But the S3 2000 is a 5k camera (give or take a few bucks) so most of them will end up in shelves and not in the street/studio.backyard doing the job they were made for.
I just consider that sad sad sad

Brian Sweeney said:
I shoot with my S3, and SP.

And I am writing FORTRAN right now! And some assembler too.

In case anyone's still interested in this, I emailed the seller of the first item a few as ago to ask him why his text and photos were identical to those in the other listing. Surprisingly enough, he didn't reply, and the listing has now been removed.

As a matter of interest, at the time of writing, the second auction has just over seven hours to go, and the current price is $3,150, or £1,737, which is above what some dealers in the UK (eg Robert White) are selling the kit for, inclusive of a case, though admittedly this one is black, which no doubt enhances its value somewhat.

$4K for a black S3 seems about right as the new SP and lens is over $7K. The chrome S3 kits seem to be a relative bargain, ($2,500 at B&H) and less than a new MP body alone.

Cheers

Back