Live stream internet strength - Beach wedding

haring

Established
Local time
6:55 PM
One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach.
I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would like to set up my phone as hot spot and connect my notebook to my phone.

- My question is how to make sure I have strong internet to support the upstream data??? I don't have mobile wifi? The location is 2 hours away from my home. I can go and test the speed but I would rather not to.
What do you do when you live stream an event? How do you make sure you have a strong signal?

I think this all depends on your mobile phone provider, and the amount and strength of coverage they have at that particular location. You might be able to look at cellular coverage maps, but the only sure way to know the signal strength is to go to the location and do a speed test for upload speeds.

Is it a paid client? If so, I would make the drive, do the test, and charge them accordingly if you determine there's enough upload speed. Otherwise, I would let them know up front that it's not possible. Probably better not to over-promise and under-deliver.

Or buy a mobile WiFi device and service plan and bill them for it. Or if you’re doing other weddings in the future it’s an investment.

I think mobile wifi has the same speed as the phone. I don't know exactly what you mean but I have a mobile wifi and it works exactly like on a phone. In addition, it has an antenna that does nothing

Back