LLL 50 Rigid Announcement

If you can find a Rigid Cron in new condition for $850, please let me know! - even more so for the LTM version, which the last time I checked were running about $3K USD for the used reissue version. I can't recall ever seeing an original Rigid in LTM for sale, but I think they do exist.
sketch-1702941251015.png
They do exist, it took a while to find though

Does your comment also apply to the DR which is the same optical design though not mechanically?
A Leica rep told me that the haze came from the lubricant in the lens evaporating. In that era they used whale oil, yes from whales.

Eric, I’m curious what do photos shot with a Nikkor 50 f2 and an Elmar 50 f2.8 have to do with the 50mm Summicron? Just curious.

My motto,”Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.” I’ve found some great deals but they’re very rare.

A Leica rep told me that the haze came from the lubricant in the lens evaporating. In that era they used whale oil, yes from whales.

Eric, I’m curious what do photos shot with a Nikkor 50 f2 and an Elmar 50 f2.8 have to do with the 50mm Summicron? Just curious.
For you to find out.

Received via email!

Light lens Lab 50mm f/2 Rigid-SP II Pre-Order Announcement

LLL 50 Rigid

As with previous releases *faithful to the OG.
Seems LLL is going the path of the Leitz|Leica iconic lens line-up!
Hi all

As already alluded to in and around the comments in this thread. The devil's in the details and so it appears that the only thing OG about this very lens announcement is the housing minus the red dot!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.01.24 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.01.24 am.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 14
I did miss buying an original rigid Summicron in 1978 when considering buying a Leica IIIg that was equipped with it, the next day the lens was sold but the IIIg body remained. This was before I knew anything that was rare or super valuable in Leica collectablity.

The DR is exactly the same lens, only with a close-focus facility.

gelatin silver print (summicron 50mm f2 rigid) leica m3

Pauline Moody, 1978

1709025598431.png

There is a huge difference between the Summicron Rigid and the Summicron Collapsible. The early versions of the Collapsible have a very soft front lens, scratches easily, but the later versions have a harder front lens. They draw beautifully with a specific tonality. Favorite lens of Cartier-Bresson.

gelatin silver print (summicron 50mm f2) leica m3

Amstelveen, 2002

1709027120289.png

Reactions: JMF
Back