login, login again etc ... Fixed ? Domain related.

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
9:34 PM
I think I have fixed the login issue on the new RFF site (Oct 2021) when members logged in only to find them selves logged off.

It appears to be cookie related. Sometime your cookie will be set to the domain rangefinderforum.com and sometimes www.rangefinderforum.com

I have modified the htaccess file to rewrite all non www to www.rangefinderforum.com

If you run into any issues you may need to log in again but the cookies should now all be for a single domain.

[I'm replicating, here on this thread, my post from the "Top 10 things that need to be addressed on RFF new software" thread, since that thread seems to have little or no activity.]

The site seems, gradually, to be getting better, so heartfelt thanks to RFF administrators.

The main persistent problem I'm having is that login just doesn't work, unless I click the "Remember me" box.

Question: If the login doesn't work properly without "Remember me" being selected, why not just make "Remember me" the ONLY type of login. Why even offer a choice between two options - one of which doesn't actually work? :confused:

Don`t know if this is the right thread but I continue to experience very slow loading times from the UK.
Invariably it comes up with a 524 or 522 error and I have to reload .
Not a complaint but wonder if I`m doing anything incorrectly .

This took 45 seconds .

RFF improved much in the last weeks but since a couple of days it has become very slow and almost impossible to work with threads including images, both on Firefox and Safari. Other sites/forum I visit are ok. I hope it is a transient problem, thanks to those who work for an improvement

Can't notice any improvements but RFF gallery doesn't edit my photos at first attempt.
It's very troublesome to post images.

Most of the time I come on here just fine, but everytime I post the server goes down for 5-30 minutes. The forum is turning more and more into a zombie, sadly.

Since the random redesign this forum has been so absolutely broken and frustrating to use.

Definitely makes me visit less (and seemingly many others judging by the posts)

Fred Miranda is a decent one that isn’t broken

Ironically when posting the last comment I got an error “invalid server response” and it wouldn’t reload, then logged me out. Comment was still posted though.

I’m done

Back