Lomo Belair photos, Post yours.

Swift1

Mentor
Local time
4:33 AM
Not sure if there are many people shooting with this quirky camera, but I love mine and I thought there out to be a photo thread.
I searched the forum but never found anything.

hx95.jpg

Lomo Belair X 6-12, 90mm Plastic Lens, expired Fujichrome Velvia RVP

terrific image...been meaning to try mind and "thank you" for the unintended nudge.

t.s.g. aka the smiling gecko aka kenneth

I love my Belair. I use it in 6x9 and 6x12 mode often and almost always with the 90mm lens at f/16 and adjusting the ISO to compensate. It's wonderful at 6x6 but I have 6x6 cameras, I like the wider stuff.

I need to get her back out and play, as she's sat for a month or so without any love.

Here are a few from mine...

Untitled by alienmeatsack, on Flickr

I think these were shot on f/8 by accident hence the blurry edges.

I love my Belair. I use it in 6x9 and 6x12 mode often and almost always with the 90mm lens at f/16 and adjusting the ISO to compensate. It's wonderful at 6x6 but I have 6x6 cameras, I like the wider stuff.

I need to get her back out and play, as she's sat for a month or so without any love.

Here are a few from mine...

Nice work!
I also shoot with only the 90mm set at f/16. It seems silly to have such a limited camera, but I actually enjoy it and it is a fun exercise to relinquish control and focus on only composition, and then to enjoy the results.

I've only ever shot mine at 6x12. I really like the 1:2 perspective.

Here's one of my very first from the camera.

8471945077_2b7a23b9fc_b.jpg

Lomo Belair X 6-12, 90mm Plastic Lens @ f/16, Expired Kodak T400CN

Swift, sadly my first shots were all out of focus as I had received a defective camera. Once I got it back, I got busy using it.

I have all these 6x6, 6x9 cameras and just the one that can do those plus 6x12. And I find myself reaching for it over the others. I also found that on summer days, even with the slowest of films at f/16, a polarizer or ND filter is nice to have on hand to hold in front of the lens since it's shutter is limited and bright shots tend to get blown out easily.

I had a few rolls I shot in bright sun that were all just blown out messes... then I started carrying a 2 stop polarizer to hold in front. You can only compensate so much with the ISO dial, so it helps to have a little boost in that regard on hand.

I have been pondering the Belairgon lens, but that's so much money that could go towards other things... I started trying to find a lens that has a similar focal length that I could attach to the body and close the bellows to get focus on that I already owned. So far no luck, so the Belairgon's are looking better each day. When they go on sale, I kick myself for passing on them.

Swift, sadly my first shots were all out of focus as I had received a defective camera. Once I got it back, I got busy using it.

I have all these 6x6, 6x9 cameras and just the one that can do those plus 6x12. And I find myself reaching for it over the others. I also found that on summer days, even with the slowest of films at f/16, a polarizer or ND filter is nice to have on hand to hold in front of the lens since it's shutter is limited and bright shots tend to get blown out easily.

I had a few rolls I shot in bright sun that were all just blown out messes... then I started carrying a 2 stop polarizer to hold in front. You can only compensate so much with the ISO dial, so it helps to have a little boost in that regard on hand.

I have been pondering the Belairgon lens, but that's so much money that could go towards other things... I started trying to find a lens that has a similar focal length that I could attach to the body and close the bellows to get focus on that I already owned. So far no luck, so the Belairgon's are looking better each day. When they go on sale, I kick myself for passing on them.

I've found that my camera tends to do the opposite, on bright days it will underexposure. My camera may have the aperture/meter issue where the meter thinks it's at f/8 when actually it's at f/16. The last roll I scanned was a roll of Kodak Vericolor 100. I shot the entire roll with the ISO dial set to 50 and it worked well.

Here's a somewhat recent one. Taken when I was up in Portland in October.

11370824293_74a9221b7b_b.jpg

Lomo Belair X 6-12, 90mm Plastic lens, Ilford Delta 100

Just a heads up that there's a review of this camera in this months issue of Black & White Photography UK.

Simply had to dig up a old post :) I have mixed feelings with this camera. I love the form factor, size and the fact that I can make kick-ass contact prints from several 6x12 frames. But as a 6x12 camera, oh well, lenses ain't up to my standard. Then again, that's not what I got it for, but for this:
Trees dream too by Santtu Määttänen, on Flickr

Simply had to dig up a old post :) I have mixed feelings with this camera. I love the form factor, size and the fact that I can make kick-ass contact prints from several 6x12 frames. But as a 6x12 camera, oh well, lenses ain't up to my standard. Then again, that's not what I got it for, but for this:

I like this, interesting use of this camera.
robert

I knew there was a Belair thread on RFF.com, ha ha.
Here is my contribution :

23133266340_04626cfe7b_c.jpg

Lomography Belair 90/8 - TX and Xtol

Awesome quadriptych!

Love this usage! Great 'image'

Hello there,

I have used the Belair to shoot some street scenes in Paris, France recently.
Here is a first one :

26581147311_41954ca0d4_c.jpg

Lomography Belair 90/8 - TX and R09

Back