Lomo LC-A user but not a lomographer?

jbielikowski

Jan Bielikowski
Local time
4:46 PM
Anybody decided to use Lomo LC-A as a "serious" pocket camera? I always liked Oly XA but I have bad luck and already smashed a few. Also the exposure is too often far from what I expected. Minox 35... nah I don't like the ergonomics. And so I hope to find a LC-A in good shape and moderate price to try it. Maybe it's the photographer not the camera after all...

I don't think LC-A will lasts as long as XA, but longer than Minox 35. As everyday camera.
You could also try original camera, not the copy.
Porst CM auto (Cosina CX-2, Praktica CX-2, Petri PX-1)
http://rangefinder.ru/glr/showgallery.php?device=523

As of lomography, if you taking it in bw it is just normal photography, IMO. Leica, Lomo, Holga... doesn't matter. :)

I had an LC-A and on a roll I had more than 5-6 blank frames. It was a wonderful little camera and I felt sorry giving it away. I had the same problem with a Minox 35EL and eventually settled for a Cosina CX2. It works perfectly, but I rarely use it for being a fully auto camera (o.k. semi-auto one could say).
Also consider other options at the same price range. For example, a Rollei 35/B35/35B is also small and more reliable offering full control over exposure.

13Promet, your photos are exactly what I was thinking about, nice.

35SE, wonderful camera, and very fast shooting... when you can concentrate on taking pictures, with it's three manual rings to take care of it doesn't work for me as a daily pocket camera.

Also it's not a problem to fully CLA the Lomo around here, so more than reliability it's a question if a good one can give constant predicable results.

Back