Lomo LC-Wide

dwojr

Well-known
Local time
10:38 AM
Anyone got the lc-wide? Thinking on getting one with this Lomo discount code I won in on of their contests. Always been intrigued by this tiny camera.

Oh no! I just got the 120 last week. Not got the results yet and now you’ve got me considering the Wide.

Paul

I really love my LC-A and have seen great photos with the LC-Wide but it isn't for me. I love the original LC-A lens and the copies just don't do it for me.

I have the Cosina CX-2 which is the camera the Lomo LC-A is based off. (Or is it based off the CX-1?)
Anyway, the CX-2 is very Lomo like - I was actually surprised. The lens is not very sharp (kinda disappointed) but it is very contrasty and punchy which makes images pop.
I'd assume the LC-A wide would be similar in output

I purchased a new LC-Wide a couple of years ago. I've only run a couple of rolls of film through it to date: 15mm is a really really wide lens for snapshots! If super-wide is your thing, this may be the compact camera for you.

Still have mine - it's so beaten that there isn't much point in selling. The lens is a 17mm f/4.5, which offers a wild ride while being curiously sharp in the center. Film transportation is not very smooth...maybe the half frame mechanism's fault. YMMV. It's a Lomo, you know.

It's certainly inferior to the vastly more expensive and scarce Ricoh GR21, but it's also more versatile than one of the 22mm fixed focus, fixed exposure cameras or the Konica WaiWai. All of these are difference beasts so again, like the LC-A 120, the LC-Wide really has no peers.

Back