Lomography 64/2.9 Daguerreotype Achromat

Austerby

Well-known
Local time
1:54 PM
A lot of people seem to enjoy dismissing these Lomo art lenses but I applaud them for having the idea in the first place and putting it into practice.

This is the latest kickstarter campaign, already funded, for a new old-style lens, as they have done for the Petzvals already, and the Jupiter J3+.

I've backed it as I find I'm more interested in flawed, character lenses than I am the flawless marvels that are modern lenses. This one looks a bit odd, but it could be amusing.

You're perfectly entitled not to buy the lens, or not like the images they produce, of course.

It would be interesting if others followed a similar path with an art lens line, eg Leica producing new versions of old lenses - Summars, Hektors, Thambars etc, or at least permitting the likes of Lomo to produce lenses to these old designs.

I certainly applaud the effort. We are fortunate that most Leitz lenses are readily available today. Most are cheaper than current Leica production.

What is cool about Lomo is that they bring product to market that no-one else does.
I use a Minitar 32 2.8 on my Ms, and it's lots of fun.

Lomography 64/2.9 Daguerreotype Achromat

lomo_daguerro.jpg

lomo_daguerro-5.jpg

This is Lomography's update of the first photographic lens ever!

Just arrived in Nikon and Canon mounts $499 INFO HERE

Thanks for looking!

Stephen

This is something that is fascinating to me. Looking at the photos on the Lomography site, the images have that central sharp look, with softly blurred backgrounds and corners that is reminiscent of the images of the past. The pictures that Fenton took during the Crimean War, for example, have this feel.

The swirly bokeh of the Petzval lens makes me nauseous, and turns me off. But, this doublet is certainly intriguing. The bokeh is very natural and beautiful with this lens.

The swirly bokeh of the Petzval lens makes me nauseous, and turns me off. But, this doublet is certainly intriguing. The bokeh is very natural and beautiful with this lens.

I have the Petzval bokeh control lens and you can adjust the bokeh from puke to beautiful.

I just bought one of these off ebay that has a loose broken focus collar so it will not focus.

Is this a typical problem of the Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens - Nikon F Mount?

Broken focus collar

Broken focus collar

I just bought one of these off ebay that has a loose broken focus collar so it will not focus.

Is this a typical problem of the Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens - Nikon F Mount?

Broken focus collar

Broken focus collar

Back