Lomography LC-A 120

I would have bought it, if it wern't for the stupidly high price. Add another $100 and you can get a used hassy!!

Too much vignette ! What a waste of negative...

Overpriced plastic, but if it helps selling more 120 film, it's all good ! Buy it !

Doesn't make me forget the Arsat 30mm fisheye, that's for sure. (And I paid like $150 for that lens and another $150 for a Kiev 88CM.)

You guys know people, smart or not, don't buy these because they want the best (technically speaking) camera for the cash. I don't want it either, but at least it is another new (and unique) film camera being released in 2014.

Price aside they lost me with "fully automatic" and the 38mm lens. Super wide only can get old quick. Even though it's 75mm lens is slow at f6.3 I'd rather have my little Zeiss Nettar with 3 shutter speeds + B, full aperture control, and scale focus, all for the paltry sum of $25, and it will fit in a cargo pocket when closed.

Price aside they lost me with "fully automatic" and the 38mm lens. Super wide only can get old quick. Even though it's 75mm lens is slow at f6.3 I'd rather have my little Zeiss Nettar with 3 shutter speeds + B, full aperture control, and scale focus, all for the paltry sum of $25, and it will fit in a cargo pocket when closed.

Funny. The fact that it's a superwide is the reason it interests me!!

You and I (speaking to most RFF members) can name at least 3 cameras that we can pick up on ebay that is not much bigger, and better than this one for a fraction of the price.

But... like John said, it's a new film camera in 2014 and Lomography introduces film to people who otherwise would only consider digital.

I hope they sell a thousand of these along with the 120 film rolls.

I like a little good falloff in the corners from 'lesser' lenses, but this just looks like a lens that obviously can't cover. I'm puzzled why someone wouldn't just buy a used GA645w, but I guess that's not the lomo life?

Funny. The fact that it's a superwide is the reason it interests me!!

I'm not saying there are no uses for super wide, Hasselblad had the fixed lens 38mm Super Wide C. Just that something more moderate, say a 55mm lens would find more applications. In that range it would also be easier to design a lens that covers 6X6. From the sample pictures their lens has fairly extreme falloff.

Interesting. It's funny that on a forum with about 4,000 threads about G.A.S., this grinds some peoples' gears.

Seems like there's 2 groups to buy this -- young hipsters who either are designers are fancy themselves designers and who have a bit of money for trendy toys...and experienced photographers who like the carefree stripped-down nature of this camera.

Not sure I'd pay that money for this, but I'd sure have fun shooting a few rolls with it.

You and I (speaking to most RFF members) can name at least 3 cameras that we can pick up on ebay that is not much bigger, and better than this one for a fraction of the price.

But... like John said, it's a new film camera in 2014 and Lomography introduces film to people who otherwise would only consider digital.

I hope they sell a thousand of these along with the 120 film rolls.

I agree; a new film camera (medium format, to boot) is a good thing. Let's hope they sell a lot of them.

Back