Look what I found for $5....

schrackman

Established
Local time
2:40 AM
at a 5 acre estate sale today. A Polaroid Land Camera Model 95a in nearly perfect condition. From what I researched this camera was made in 1957 but film for it is no longer made.

Can't decide if I want to throw this up on Ebay for sale or convert it to use 4x5. The latter is very tempting.

Included were an original flash, a wink flash, Polaroid light meter, and a large leather carrying case!

I was hoping to come across a Leica (yeah, good luck!), or something similar, but the Land Camera was the only camera on the premises. Can't say that I'm disappointed. :)

Ray

Attachments

• pol1.jpg
    pol1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pol2.jpg
    pol2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pol3.jpg
    pol3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
The 95a is a beautiful camera. Just love that they put real leather on it.

Sadly, they don't make real film for it, but there are a few places that will convert these old Polaroids to use packfilm. Not cheap, though.

Joe Mondello said:
WOW, haven't seen one of those for a very long time! I recall the Wink-Light too.

That one looks very much like the one my aunt had when I was young. I distinctly remember the wink light and the light meter that read in single digits.

I even recall the commercials ...

1-2-3-4, count to 10 and open the door! :)

The "door" being in the rear of the camera, where you peeled off the finished
print and then coated it with this very smelly print coat stuff.

dmr said:
The "door" being in the rear of the camera, where you peeled off the finished
print and then coated it with this very smelly print coat stuff.

I can still smell it...

Hi Chris,

Yes, I saw that page. I'm thinking of emailing him to see how much it would cost. I've also seen how some have converted this camera to use 120 film, but it wasn't near anything like the razzle. The guys used legos for goodness sakes! lol

Ray

ChrisN said:
Good find! For inspiration regarding the Polaroid 4x5, have a look at http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/index.html.

colyn said:
I can still smell it...

Yep. Inside the leather bag was the original back door paper cover (which one removed after purchasing) and it says:

"Protect prints by coating them with Polaroid Print Coater as soon as convenient after removal from camera....."

I also found the pdf of the original manual online. I guess these cameras must have seemed pretty unique in their day since one didn't need to send the film in for developing.

Ray

schrackman said:
Hi Chris,

Yes, I saw that page. I'm thinking of emailing him to see how much it would cost. I've also seen how some have converted this camera to use 120 film, but it wasn't near anything like the razzle. The guys used legos for goodness sakes! lol

Ray

I think Ash (of this forum) has one on order from Razzledog - I'll be interested to see what it looks like and how he likes it.

Back