Lou Reed - "God should have a Leica".

Would that everyone could excel at all things.
Meh, what's the point of getting rich n famous if you can't indulge your vanities.
Although I agree the lens looking comment is telling, it's kinda like calling hard drives computer memory in that only the geeky understand or care.

Actually, I know that God uses 10x8 and he takes Lucifer along for fill flash. My little voices also told me that anyone who thinks God would stoop to 35mm must have their heads cut off to let the evil demons out...

:eek: :cool:

Shiny Leica, in the dark...

Shiny Leica, in the dark...

Isn't it fun to cut up a celebrity? Remember Seal?

(That was sarcasm, btw)

I get it. But celebrities so often sell their celebrity rather than the item they're selling. That makes them a legitimate target in my opinion. I liked his (their) music in its time but he's past his sell-by date. And the in-your-face Leica name-dropping? Maybe looking for a Leica endorsement gig, or fabricating coolness for the hipness addicted art crowd. That's always been his turf; his truly important music not withstanding. Pretty much Leica's turf these days too, their excellent cameras also not withstanding. It's a dangerous game where bad moves are quickly punished.

Kind of a stupid thing to say, but I'm sure I'd say even stupider stuff if I was in the public spotlight often.

Then again, people often get these things wrong. I mean, I've seen it asserted by those with a poor grip on theology that God rides a Harley instead off a Vincent (though Jesus's preference is well known: Sunbeam).

Cheers,

R.

i always figured that in a modern times, Jesus would have liberated a white '69 ford long-bed pick-up, three-on-the-tree, for the ride into town ... :)

God's grandmother St. Anne, his aunt Martha or his mother, the Blessed Virgin, Mary never discussed Leica with St. Paul. Lou is nuts, he should go to the sources (Paul's epistles) before making irresponsible statements.

I hate how celebrities and seal included make us look bad for using a leica

Aha, anybody with the money can buy a Leica, but a celebrity has the ability to tell a publisher, 'I use a Leica.' And immediately, he is published, not on talent which I suspect with Lou, but because it will make the publisher some money. Maybe or maybe not, but there is a chance and for little cost it is worth a try. Maybe celebrities should not be allowed to buy Leicas (especially digital Leicas). Let them (eat)/use (cake)/Canons.

I love that Leica so much, you know that I could kiss her, just doesn't come across as well as love for a motorcycle.

"New Sensations", Lou Reed

I took my GPZ out for a ride
The engine felt good between my thighs
The air felt cool, its was 40 degrees outside

I rode to Pennsylvania near the Delaware gap
Sometimes I got lost and had to check the map
I stopped at a roadside diner for a burger and a coke

There were some country folk and some hunters inside
Somebody got themselves married and somebody died
I went to the juke box and played a hillbilly song

They was arguing about football as I waved and went outside
And I headed for the mountains feeling warm inside
I love that GPZ so much, you know that I could kiss her

Aha, anybody with the money can buy a Leica, but a celebrity has the ability to tell a publisher, 'I use a Leica.' And immediately, he is published, not on talent which I suspect with Lou, but because it will make the publisher some money. Maybe or maybe not, but there is a chance and for little cost it is worth a try. Maybe celebrities should not be allowed to buy Leicas (especially digital Leicas). Let them (eat)/use (cake)/Canons.

yes +1

Biggest misconception of the century = Being a celebrity does not automatically make the person talented at a certain thing or anything at all..

..just lately I have come to believe, that if I have to try to like something (it could be anything, someone's photos, music, &/or politic) I'm not really listening to myself. If I would have listened to myself just half the time in the past I could have saved myself a lot of time, money & grief. Finally I am old enough to say, I know what I like & this ain't it. Lou, just because you can afford a Leica & you are semi-news worthy, stick with music gig. IMHO your photo work needs to "take a walk on the wild side." :cool: :D

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Back