Love my M2 !!!

My flash set. M2/M3 have the best flash connectors.
Dont know why they ever changed them to PC type.

Attachments

• _1092800b.jpg
    _1092800b.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
Just for my education, in what regards is the M2 better than the M4? I couldn't get over the silly film spools, otherwise I might have bought two M2s instead of two M4s.

Am walking around Santa Fe with the LHSA for their spring photo shoot. I was shooting with an M2 with either a 35 or 50 and TriX. I had a MP240 in the bag that got used once for a color photo. I also had my M5 back in the hotel and it will get exercised tomorrow.

I also like the M4 but the M2 is the ONLY stock Leica which only shows ONE frame line at a time. The M4 shows the 35 and 135 simultaneously. Don't get me started on later film M's with six frame lines. I don't own either a 28 or 75 so don't need those frames around to clutter up the viewfinder. And my 135 brings up the 90 in the M2 so I am all set.

Here is my beauty, a little contribution to keeping this thread alive. Unfortunately my M2 has been used little since I realized how much more practical it is to travel with P&S cameras, but every time I shoot a roll with it, or even just hold it, I fall in love again with this wonderful camera. It even was my camera of choice for a winterly whale whatching trip, HERE are a few shots.

img_8519.jpg

I'm glad to see that so many of you are out exercising your M2's, Tom would be pleased.
Really some of the best photos have been posted here. Thanks to all who have contributed their time & effort to keep this thread alive.

The M2 is such a pure photo taking machine, built like a tank, no batteries & not a lot of clutter in the viewfinder.

Back