Love my M2 !!!

Ronold M, the Pentax cameras focus the same way as the nikon cameras do, they both got the focusing way from Zeiss.

Cheers,
VInceoflex

Now, I want a BP m2 myself... with a rapidwinder...man, would work perfect with a black SA 21 :D

Hehe :) A M2 in silver chrome or BP is a treasure, but the black does have a stealthy form which is great for the street. As for the SA, the chrome lenses are so well built. As well, I prefer the look the SAs with the pre-2,5M change of coating; the change was very minor in any case, but I like the 'glow' of the pre-2,5M SAs. Would I turn down a black SA though? No way. Any SA in good optical condition is a treasure.

Well, I've had my M2 (long-term loan, but I'm rather bent on buying it eventually) for a relatively short time (a bit under two months), but, goodness, the thing is seriously good. It needs a bit of work, and as soon as the bucks come along, it's getting the full treatment. Meanwhile, shooting with it is a dream, and the images (have only shot with the v1 35 f/2 Summicron it came with)...luscious. 'Nuff said.

- Barrett

Last edited:
Sorry to rock the boat!....but I've just sold my mint M2, lovely camera - but the convenience, and the quality (not to mention economy!) of digital these days, has just become too good for me to ignore, I do still like to use film, but one of my small, compact slr's is usually a more versatile choice.
Dave. :)

I too absolutely love my M2, I don't know how I got along without it anymore. I have treated it to an original line up of lenses with a collapsible Summicron 50/2, a Summaron 3.5 (although it's LTM and needs a clean very badly) and a 90/2.8 Elmarit and what a system it makes! authentic period lenses for each of it's framelines :) the images from the lenses are also so well matched that they can be used together during one shoot while still producing uniform results. the camera it's self is just a joy!

I Love my M2!

When it's time for a CLA, if I have the dough, I'll be sending mine to Robert for a repaint. It's got somebody else's name dremelled into it, but I love the thing. It's the perfect camera.

I love my M2 as well, the only Leica i've ever owned. It functions very smoothly despite the film counter thing moving freely sometimes causing me to forget what frame i'm on.

When the counter spins freely - it usually means that the flatspring is gone or "tired". A couple of mine does the same thing, but I am too lazy to take the lever assembly off and replace the spring. Usually I know when I am at the end of the roll anyway -unless i am excited and pull the film off the spool in the IXMOO cassette!

Ah good to know that it's not unheard of, yeah I just make sure to carry an extra roll of film if I have no clue where the current roll is at.

When the counter spins freely - it usually means that the flatspring is gone or "tired". A couple of mine does the same thing, but I am too lazy to take the lever assembly off and replace the spring. Usually I know when I am at the end of the roll anyway -unless i am excited and pull the film off the spool in the IXMOO cassette!

Just got my M2 yesterday!!! Arrived together with a silver CV 35mm f2.5 color skopar classic.

Can't believe i finally own a Leica. Now if the weekend would come faster !!

That is a nice, basic package. In many ways that is all you need - just let the feet do the "zooming". The 35f2.5 VC is a great lens. I find it equal to the Summicron's and it is less flare prone than the 35f2 Asph in bright lights. Fill the pockets with film (unexposed in the left pocket - exposed in the right! - at least thats how I do it) and go forth shooting ( and remember to post shots here!).
OH. Leica M2 ownership carries its own risks. One is nice, two are even nicer and as it has three framelines - with three you never have to change lenses!!!!! You have been warned!

This is the 39th production black M2. It was originally owned by Inge Morath, famous Magnum photographer.

Erik.

3754029363_4c4e730cfc_b.jpg

Wow that's a beauty.

My only problem with the M2, and Leicas in general, is the fetish aspect. I have a friend who takes all his pictures with a point and shoot or disposable camera and develops the film at walgreens. He's really good, too. I don't think he'd take my M2 very seriously.

Erix, that is a great looking M2. You wish that the camera could show you all the shots it ever took.
It does take about 3-5000 rolls to get a M2 black paint to look like that! I hope you will put it to good use - it needs some more "scars" on it.

Is this yours, Erik?

geluksvogel!;)

Yes, it is mine. It has been cla'd by Ton Scherpenborg from Nijmegen. We tried as much as possible to maintain it's original appearance. To preserve the vulcanite was the most difficult part of the job. It is a very smooth camera, 100% functional.

Erik.

Back