Benelux LPLG Weekend 25-26 September 2010

Mr_Flibble

In Tabulas Argenteas Refero
Local time
2:28 AM
Just a heads-up to a photo-opportunity,

The biggest living history event in the Netherlands, the "Leve(n)de geschiedenis Festival", will again be held in the last weekend of September 2010 at "Landgoed de Barendonk" in Beers (NL)

All Living History groups that fall under the LPLG (Dutch Platform for Living History) are once again invited to set up camps.

As a visitor you will be able to walk between these camps that depict life in Roman times up to the end of the Cold War.
There will also be a market where one could buy historical items, clothing and food.

The Dutch website concerning this event: http://www.levendegeschiedenis.com/

Your chance to photographs re-enacted battles and daily activities, period uniforms, period dresses.

I myself will probably be there dressed as a WW1 Doughboy from the 32nd Infantry Division "Les Terribles", come find me in the trench ;)

Couple of pictures taken by me last year:
lplg0903.jpg

lplg0917.jpg

See you in Beers.

Last edited:
Your chance to photographs re-enacted battles and daily activities, period uniforms, period dresses.

Thanks for the link! Looks like a jolly bunch.

It's funny to see all those lots of groups enacting Allied soldiers of WWII and exactly one group enacting German soldiers in the occupied Netherlands. The re-enacted battles must be pretty one-sided... :D

I wonder whether the German guys are a bit of the odd man out among Dutch re-enactors?

Last edited:
WW2 re-enactment has been a growing phenomena for the past few years, groups that re-enact German Wehrmacht and Paratrooper soldiers from WW2 have been growing too. There are at least 4 groups now that I know off, but not all of them are members of the LPLG (and so not invited to this event).
I don't know if they are the odd one out. I've been to events were there were 3 times as many "Germans" as Allies ;)

Just a friendly bump as this event is coming up this weekend.

Come say hello if you see a slightly chubby doughboy cooking some "Corn Willy Hash"

Back