M10 Preorder: Who has/will?

1fpm

Local time
6:25 PM
I'm curious how many have preordered or plan to order very soon. Also, would love to hear when you get your order and receive dates.

Wow. When was the M10 announced? I thought it was a rumor until this week. Does Leica have Zeiss lens delivery issues where they announce availability then fail to meet delivery dates by months? Batis and Loxia lenses are 2 examples. Or should B&H have these sooner than later?

Who has one?

I met someone at the anti-Trump demonstration in DC yesterday who actually had an M10, but unfortunately, there was not enough time to talk to him.

For some time, I have been waiting for a Leica digital that was similar in size, weight, function, dependability, and ergonomics to my Leica M6 35mm film rangefinder. The new Leica M10 looks like what I have been waiting for. However, I am not an early adapter. I will wait for others to test it before I buy or not buy.

I'll wait three years and get it half the price. I get a new lens by doing so from the savings, or most likely just use the extra money for a vacation.

I'm sure it's going to be dependable enough but never, never buy something first out the gate.

I just picked mine up. I am happy but also feel a bit uneasy carrying such an expensive camera around. I sold my M240, M8, Zeiss 21mm 2.8 to fund this camera. Battery is currently charging.

I just picked mine up. I am happy but also feel a bit uneasy carrying such an expensive camera around. I sold my M240, M8, Zeiss 21mm 2.8 to fund this camera. Battery is currently charging.
I wonder if many people are following this kind of approach and selling earlier M models. May I ask, did you use one of the many camera fora to sell your gear or ebay or privately....? And what you recommend?

I'm thinking i'll wait 3-4 years and then maybe get one. It does look like the digital M I've been waiting for. Now if only they'll make a 0.58x viewfinder...

My dealer claims >300 on the wait list with only 10 cameras in his first shipment. It might be awhile but I'm content to wait. As others have mentioned, probably wise not to be an early adopter. I parted ways with my M9-P more than a year ago (sold privately with help of dealer) and picked up an M 246 at end of last year at a relatively decent price. I'll wait and see about the M10 when my dealer finally calls.... As for selling Leica gear, I prefer to avoid eBay but would recommend FredMiranda or RF classifieds.

I sold it privately. That is the best way to get the most bang for your buck. I went to a local dealer and they said they would not buy anymore. He bought 5 from ppl selling int he last week. Ppl wanted to unload before the price drop. Leica is dropping the new price of the M240 so I think that might affect the used market.

If Leica is going to lower pricing on the 240..thats going to put downward pressure on the used market for sure..and then when you add in the people selling off their fatter bodies..lol...then you may actually see some decent pricing on used stuff..

I ordered one, will hopefully have it in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'll wait three years and get it half the price. I get a new lens by doing so from the savings, or most likely just use the extra money for a vacation.

I'm sure it's going to be dependable enough but never, never buy something first out the gate.

Oh dear this has never been so true !
I think this M10 is very tempting and many of us like the fact that Leica reduced the thickness to the same size as the M7, but wait a second, I just measured again my M8.2 and it's no thicker :D.

Bingo.
No rush at all as the majority of my work is on film.

Black paint i think. this is mine.

A2A62620-5CE7-43AF-930D-ACE901BF8490_zpsse9qjdcu.jpg

Back