M11 thoughts, gripes and question......

Bad Example

Local time
6:55 PM
I've had my M11 for a few days and am essentially loving it! But being a bit of a malcontent, I always have a couple of gripes:

1. The USB connection is on the bottom! I can't stand the camera flat when transferring "Fotos". I have to cut a piece of wood for it to sit the camera flat. Perhaps Leica will offer a Limited Titanium M11 camera stand allowing the camera to sit on a flat surface for transferring purposes? "I sure hope so! " the bad photographer exclaimed with sincerity.
2. No Bluetooth capability for MacBook? only phone? adds more steps. Anyone know of a workaround here?
3. Will the Mono 11 be offered w a .58 finder? I can dream I suppose.

Otherwise.....pretty wowed byy the little bugger!

1. The USB connection is on the bottom! I can't stand the camera flat when transferring "Fotos".

Get yourself an SD Card reader... or maybe your MacBook already has one. For a few years, they did not include them, but get an external one...they are cheap. The M1 MacBooks have SD Card readers again.

I've had my M11 for a few days and am essentially loving it! But being a bit of a malcontent, I always have a couple of gripes:

1. The USB connection is on the bottom! I can't stand the camera flat when transferring "Fotos". I have to cut a piece of wood for it to sit the camera flat. Perhaps Leica will offer a Limited Titanium camera stand allowing the camera to sit on a flat surface for transferring purposes? "I sure hope so! " the bad photographer exclaimed with sincerity.

Can you not lay the camera flat on its back? If you are concerned about scratching the rear screen, you can get a 9"x12" felt square for $0.49 at Michaels. It's not a limited edition titanium stand but it should work fine. You might be able to get a piece of grey felt and pretend it is titanium.

1. The USB connection is on the bottom! I can't stand the camera flat when transferring "Fotos". I have to cut a piece of wood for it to sit the camera flat. Perhaps Leica will offer a Limited Titanium M11 camera stand allowing the camera to sit on a flat surface for transferring purposes? "I sure hope so! " the bad photographer exclaimed with sincerity.
2. No Bluetooth capability for MacBook? only phone? adds more steps. Anyone know of a workaround here?

Invert the camera.

-1 Lay the camera flat on its back, on a piece of cloth or leather to protect the LCD.
-2 That would likely mean building a customized driver for the macOS, where the FOTOs app does that for iOS/iPadOS. Use an SD Card Reader ... Much faster transfer speeds over USB-C than over Bluetooth anyway.
-3 If the previous M Monochrom cameras are any indication, likely not.

G

I don't see why the USB couldn't have been at the left side of the body.

I agree a 0.58 finder for the digital models is a fine idea. A .50 finder with a bright frame for 24mm is an even finer idea.

My only complaint with M10-P is lack of USB connection - I wouldn't care where they put it if it had such.

I find the Leica Fotos app works very well and quick with my iPad Pro and much better than Nikon Snapbridge

Just lay your M11 on an even surface on a microfiber cloth on its back when you are downloading via cable.

Get yourself an SD Card reader... or maybe your MacBook already has one. For a few years, they did not include them, but get an external one...they are cheap. The M1 MacBooks have SD Card readers again.

Yes, I have one and have been using it. It just seems like Bluetooth would have been a better option.

Can you not lay the camera flat on its back? If you are concerned about scratching the rear screen, you can get a 9"x12" felt square for $0.49 at Michaels. It's not a limited edition titanium stand but it should work fine. You might be able to get a piece of grey felt and pretend it is titanium.

That's a great idea! I'm very good at pretending!

Yes, I can. I would rather not.

Back