M2 Arrived....

LeicaVirgin1

Established
Local time
10:19 PM
My LIKE NEW M2, (Lever Rewind), arrived today from Franz at "THE LEICA SHOP" in Austria!

Poor thing was lost for a few days but she's just FINE!

I am now a devout M2 user only after a few shots out of the BOX. It came with the Elmar 50, (silver/chrome) & has the self-timer! All pretty mint.

Now I have 2- M6's, 1-M3, (SS), 1-M4, (1967) & all Leitz/Leica Glass from 35mm to 135mm.

I love this camera lens combo. so small & compact. Note: I have another, (current vers. of the ELMAR 50mm Collapsible), but this one is now my FAV.

Thanks TOM for your advise on this Model, (M2) in your previous post.

Tri-X Locked and loaded & ready to shoot sir!

Best,

DMB

Welcome to the M2 afficinados! Nothing like it out there and - beware- it is a highly addictive camera. "Oh one M2 is good for the 35, but I need a second for the 50, and it is allways good to have a loaded back-up availble". Thats how it starts and one day you wake up with 14 of them!!

Congrats, now you need to buy all Leitz/Leica glass under 35mm!!
I assure you the 21mm (any flavour) is a highly addictive focal length!

Congrats!!!

I have owned quite a few Leicas in my lifetime (several M2s and M3s, two M4s, an M5, an M4-2, a few M6s, an M7, two MPs, and an M8), but the M2 is my personal favorite.

A few years ago I sold my M2 KS15-4 (it was in perfect condition) - I have never missed a camera more.

I used to have an M2, but sold it and an M3 to buy some medium format stuff, but I miss it's clean viewfinder with simple framelines (compared to my M6), and I'm hoping to to get another M2.

Back