M8 pictures fake for sure!

Where on that site does it state that these photos are fake?

May not be the case.

May not be the case.

The Web page on Summilux seems to translate from French as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
M numerical: first images of M8? by [email protected] - 26/08/2006 - 07:46:58
Images of the future Leica M8, the numerical first M, circulate on Internet. It is possible that they are not in conformity with reality but they are completely credible and summilux.net presents them to you:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This most like referencing image from this Forum. The link you refer to is also created on 8/28 which is later than when this is first reported. I don't think Jorge took the picture from this Web Site. ;)

Thanks, that's how I read it as well so not sure how this lays ANY argument 'to rest' and how they are 'defenitely not real'??
Jan? Franks?

Ok Ok Ok! Wouldn't it be funny If Leica had no intention of putting out the M8.. Instead somewhere in 2006 the Germans found a sence of Humor and made the hole thing up.. Just to make thing easier and laughable while they go out of business...
"Ha ha ha! the joke is on you" . Say the Chairman.. "Boy we really got 'em that time" "Hey Jo nice M8" NOT.. Hee Hee Hee!

Rich Silfver said:
Thanks, that's how I read it as well so not sure how this lays ANY argument 'to rest' and how they are 'defenitely not real'??
Jan? Franks?

Doesn't the site say non-definative, or whatever in French? So it's a picture of a mock-up that may be different from the production model. We'll all find out soon enough. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, that this "issue" is laid to rest!

Image non définitive
Means they still reserve the right to make changes to the looks; it doesn't mean at all that the image is "fake".
It's like "Picture non contractual" in english

jan contermans said:
The foto's of the M8 wich caused such a stirr a defenitely not real.
These fotos are for some time on a French Leica site;
http://www.summilux.net/m_system/m8.html

There it is stated that these foto's are not defenitive.

A pity, because a think it is a real pretty "weniger is mehr" design.

What is a shame is that you spread complete false information!:mad:
The pictures of the M8 are on this site because I – yes I – opened a thread on Summilux.net about the M8 with a link to RFF. The “non definitive” mention refers to the fact they are not yet official; it does not mean they are fake.
Read the thread on summiluxM8
And be more cautious next time!
Marc

date

date

well, I thought that the pictures appeared on summiluxnet first, but according to the date ,as said above, it might have been the other way round as well?!

Sorry, probably I've been "jumping to conclusions" then?

Still I have great doubts about these pictures (is the myst. blue dot not to close to the edge?)
We will all know more at 15 sept. I guess,

As Leica has said the digital M will be very close to an M7 in appearence, which is very good, according to my taste.

Marc-A. said:
What is a shame is that you spread complete false information!:mad:
The pictures of the M8 are on this site because I – yes I – opened a thread on Summilux.net about the M8 with a link to RFF. The “non definitive” mention refers to the fact they are not yet official; it does not mean they are fake.
Read the thread on summiluxM8
And be more cautious next time!
Marc

Hello Marc,

so if you opened this thread then it is clear i was wrong and made much too quick conclusions. Apologees for that!!

:angel:

jan contermans said:
Hello Marc,

so if you opened this thread then it is clear i was wrong and made much too quick conclusions. Apologees for that!!

:angel:

Errare humanum est ;) but be more cautious next time, as I said.
Marc

If you do a google search for m8 and summilux.net you can see what was up on their site by clicking on view cached version.

it might be a mock up of the real thing but that 'image' is definately not a 'photo'. Ive seen too many 3D max rendering to know the difference.

Jorge Torralba said:
If you do a google search for m8 and summilux.net you can see what was up on their site by clicking on view cached version.

Hi Jorge,
I think you’re referring to another project lead on Summilux.net. Months ago, one of the administrators of the site, Laurent Coignet, started a big project consisting in designing a new Leica M, the M8. It has nothing to do with the Digital Leica. The talented Coignet designed the following M8 with a professional rigour (it is not a photoshop crap):

m8_summilux.net_filaire.jpg

modul-10.jpg

modul-11.jpg

You can find more detail on M8 Summilx.net Project

Best,

Marc

Last edited:
Marc-A. said:
Hi Jorge,
I think you’re referring to another project lead on Summilux.net. Months ago, one of the administrators of the site, Laurent Coignet, started a big project consisting in designing a new Leica M, the M8. It has nothing to do with the Digital Leica. The talented Coignet designed the following M8 with a professional rigour (it is not a photoshop crap):

m8_summilux.net_filaire.jpg

modul-10.jpg

modul-11.jpg

You can find more detail on M8 Summilx.net Project

Best,

Marc

I saw this exercise a few months ago myself. One question I had then and, since I don't read French, still have is, whats with the film advance lever? Dic the assume a mechanical shutter like the RD1?

I can hardly what for someone to copy this photo to other sites and claim this is the new M8. What do you want to bet?

Rex

Regardless of whether the photos posted here true to life, or have been retouched, I feel fairly certain they represent what the new M8 will actually look like. Based on all the "official" descriptions of the product, how can it be much different?

rvaubel said:
I saw this exercise a few months ago myself. One question I had then and, since I don't read French, still have is, whats with the film advance lever? Dic the assume a mechanical shutter like the RD1?

I can hardly what for someone to copy this photo to other sites and claim this is the new M8. What do you want to bet?

Rex

Hi Rex,
This project is not related to the Digital M8 in any way; it is a film camera project.
Sorry but I didn’t understand your second point; what do you mean exactly?

LCT,
It has features of the M3 (counter), M2 (lever, rewind knob, as on the M3), M5 (same shutter speeds wheel under the lever) … but the result is original. I can’t remember the specifications, but it is a cool camera.

Marc

Back